Tales Of Berseria. January 24th

OnlyFrans

subscribe today!
Supporter
Daps
Aite brehs. So I took a pause on my Ghosts of Tshushima about 15-20 hours into the game to go ahead and start up my Berseria run, thinking I'd play them in tandem, but I've been playing Berseria more the past couple of weeks, practically in isolation (partially cuz I've just been in a heavy RPG mindset since pandemic started and also, easier to whistle while I work:sas1:...with them.

So I'm now 53-ish hours into Berseria, technically 30 hours into the game due to idle time within extensive pauses and menu management (another convenient of modern technology does that this game actually displays the differentiation within its records log:obama:) and man, ya'll brehs ain't neva lied. This shyt is blowing Vesperia out the water in most departments. :blessed:

The battle system, while yes, more streamlined, just fukking works a lot better. Keeps the battles well paced and better balanced with its side quest earning, adjustable difficulty settings (which is graciously appreciated; I'm playing on Intense now and it's challenging, but nothing too crazy; unlike the disparity of Vesperia's too easy Normal mode and seemingly New game+ balanced Hard mode) and linked encounters actually increasing the field/dungeon enemy levels on top of their increased numbers, which is dope. Also, the fight mechanics being as they are just makes the battles a lot more dynamic and fun to play. Took me less time to get acclimated too, due to it's lightened complexity, but there's still plenty of depth with it as well and it just flows much better, instead of the stupid shyt how battles would flow in Vesperia when you're too strong for your opponents and they literally run away the whole fight and you chasing them the whole battle. Or the dumbshyt like them being weaker than you, but able to jab you out of every fukking attack:gucci:. shyt like that really ruins the fight vibe. Ya'll weren't lying a bit with saying how OP Velvet is as well, :russ:! I just keep her as my sub character when battles get under way with me, like everyone starting to get two-pieced or 1-shotted to death or mass status effected with no souls left. I got all 6 characters now and the tagging in and out of battle option is glorious. Definitely hope they keep this feature in future projects and make it more integral in multi-casted RPGs in general.

The cast is surprisingly better than Vesperia's as well, overall. Like ya'll mentioned, it's just spread out better among them and it's still very entertaining and well voice acted. So glad it has auto-scrolling vocal dialogue as well. That shyt was painfully annoying in Vesperia with it needing button clicks for every new line of vocals.:huhldup:

I'm surprised at the music and dungeon lack of variety barely phased me when comparing to Vesperia's only boons over Berseria. Story is much better and the "villain" route is just :ahh:
Told ya so:umad:

berseria was the shot in the arm the franchise needed. Most underrated jrpg of last gen.

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
Told ya so:umad:

berseria was the shot in the arm the franchise needed. Most underrated jrpg of last gen.

lol 'shot in the arm'. Meanwhile the franchise went to sleep for years after the release of Berseria.

Now everyone is fake hype for Arise. I predict folks will forget about that one too after it comes out.

These Tales games are forgettable. Franchise hasn't really evolved since Symphonia/Abyss.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
lol 'shot in the arm'. Meanwhile the franchise went to sleep for years after the release of Berseria.

Now everyone is fake hype for Arise. I predict folks will forget about that one too after it comes out.

These Tales games are forgettable. Franchise hasn't really evolved since Symphonia/Abyss.
cap

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

Beseria was released at the end of 2016 and the only thing they released on Console/PC was Vesperia DE since then. The only thing they worked on with this franchise is the mobile game since then, which appeals to none of us.

So I fail to see how this is fake hype :dwillhuh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Velvet is actually a better character than I remember. I didn't like her on my first playthrough but I feel like I didn't give her enough credit.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Eizen telling a child women lie as easily as they breathe. These thugs and criminals trying to impart words of wisdom on a child. It's too much.