Tamir Rice case (12yo boy shot while carrying BB gun) - FULL VID RELEASED on 01/08/15

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
You got to take into account that this is a 12 year old kid who has two cops who are most likely yelling orders at him while their guns are drawn. He probably was scared as fukk and just wanted to show them the gun was a toy.
Do you really need to take it into account though? I'm sure the kid was scared and I'm sure his intention wasn't to pull his gun out and mow the cops down; I genuinely feel bad for this kid who should not have had to die at 12, but I also understand where the cops are coming from.

I want to blame the parents but ultimately at 12 a kid will sometimes do some shyt even parents can't explain or control.

Take this for what it is, a sad situation.

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you really need to take it into account though? I'm sure the kid was scared and I'm sure his intention wasn't to pull his gun out and mow the cops down; I genuinely feel bad for this kid who should not have had to die at 12, but I also understand where the cops are coming from.

I want to blame the parents but ultimately at 12 a kid will sometimes do some shyt even parents can't explain or control.

Take this for what it is, a sad situation.

Yep, cops shoot no matter what, they are trained to do so. If its keys or a sandwich, they think gun, they shoot to kill.

That being said, isn't Ohio an open carry state?

Meaning that people (AKA white people) can carry fully loaded machine guns and not be bothered walking down the street, yet blacks with BB guns are gunned down for basically the same thing.

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Yep, cops shoot no matter what, they are trained to do so. If its keys or a sandwich, they think gun, they shoot to kill.

That being said, isn't Ohio an open carry state?

Meaning that people (AKA white people) can carry fully loaded machine guns and not be bothered walking down the street, yet blacks with BB guns are gunned down for basically the same thing.

The kid reached for it...stop trying to point to irrational arguments to fit your argument. The two things don't have anything to do with each other.

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The kid reached for it...stop trying to point to irrational arguments to fit your argument. The two things don't have anything to do with each other.

John crawford had it in his hand, guess the cops were justified there too :comeon:

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
John crawford had it in his hand, guess the cops were justified there too :comeon:
Again, the kid had it in his pants and reached for it.....the fukk is the point you're trying to make here?

You nikkas are quick to say "cac" this and "cac" that, but the important thing here is a 12 year old kid lost his life because of something stupid.

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again, the kid had it in his pants and reached for it.....the fukk is the point you're trying to make here?

I already made my point until I see the video I'll not believe what the cops say about anything.

Instead, I'll say a lawsuit should be filed for bb guns once again looking so real that they can be mistaken for guns. With our without the cap.

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
I already made my point until I see the video I'll not believe what the cops say about anything.

Instead, I'll say a lawsuit should be filed for bb guns once again looking so real that they can be mistaken for guns. With our without the cap.
No you made a stupid ass correlation between Ohio being an open carry state to a kid having a BB gun in his pants. Now you do have a point about awaiting judgment until the video surfaces(if it does) but if everything is true, that trumps the simple minded comparison that you tried to make.

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
Do you really need to take it into account though?

Of course he or she does. Im floored that you think otherwise. Why on earth do you think we grant officers such a wide range of powers, the least of which the power and privilege to kill?

If a cop shoots a child dead, he HAS to get that right. There isnt any in between. How could he not assess this situation better? Its a call of a person pointing a gun at others, not one who actually shot anyone, and when he arrives on the scene its a young boy he encounters. One would think he would assess that he's dealing with a mischievous child, and not one of life and death. Are we supposed to believe that this child stared down the barrel of a REAL gun aimed at him by a cop, and tried to flex on him with a bb gun? Did the kid have a death wish armed only with BB's? This sounds reasonable to you?

Cops undergo extensive training (supposedly) to deal with tense, potentially life threatening situations far dangerous than kids with BB guns. Again and again we see the difference in the way cops approach situations involving whites, versus the way they approach calls involving black people. They're just far more trigger prone, and seem to not value non-lethal diffusing with people of color. Do I believe the cop when he says that the kid tried to pull a BB gun on him? Nope. You would have heard similar exaggerations in other cases where cops were caught shooting black people, if not for cameras being present.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Of course he or she does. Im floored that you think otherwise. Why on earth do you think we grant officers such a wide range of powers, the least of which the power and privilege to kill?

If a cop shoots a child dead, he HAS to get that right. There isnt any in between. How could he not assess this situation better? Its a call of a person pointing a gun at others, not one who actually shot anyone, and when he arrives on the scene its a young boy he encounters. One would think he would assess that he's dealing with a mischievous child, and not one of life and death. Are we supposed to believe that this child stared down the barrel of a REAL gun aimed at him by a cop, and tried to flex on him with a bb gun? Did the kid have a death wish armed only with BB's? This sounds reasonable to you?

Cops undergo extensive training (supposedly) to deal with tense, potentially life threatening situations far dangerous than kids with BB guns. Again and again we see the difference in the way cops approach situations involving whites, versus the way they approach calls involving black people. They're just far more trigger prone, and seem to not value non-lethal diffusing with people of color. Do I believe the cop when he says that the kid tried to pull a BB gun on him? Nope. You would have heard similar exaggerations in other cases where cops were caught shooting black people, if not for cameras being present.
That is what I am saying, there should be a different approach when dealing with a little kid who does not have his gun drawn at the time and say a full grown man who was standing there with the gun in his hand.
This just seems to point to the issue that most of these shootings do and namely it is that uniformed police officers are not very well trained to deal with high pressure situations.

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus

kids kill grown men the world over with guns everyday. We do empower our police officers to do certain things and we also SHOULD hold them to a higher standard. However; that standard does not include NOT defending themselves from a threat.

YOU know it's a BB gun. The cops did not have the benefit of that information. Have you seen some of these BB guns? They are almost exact imitations of their bigger brothers except they shoot bb's not hollow-points. Should we expect a cop to have the kid shoot at him first then determine only a BB was shot? That's crazy talk.

Clearly there are issues with the way cops approach non white people, that's not really the issue though is it?

The issue is the cops pulled up, had reports the kid had a gun, approached the kid and the kid reached for a gun. How much shyttier would the situation be if the kid pulled out a 9mm got off two rounds hitting two bystanders and or killing one of the cops before being taken out? I guess we'd be sitting here debating why they didn't shoot the kid after being told he had a gun in the 911 call?

I'm no lover of cops and am the first dude to jump on the Fuk pigs bandwagon when I see some shyt. This just isn't one of those cases and I venture most cops, not just the bad ones, would have responded similarly.

There are no winners in this particular situation, the kid's dead, the cops have to live with that attributing the fuked up choice they had to make with ulterior motives outside those of the known is silly.

(if it turns out these cops were abusive cops with prior records and shyt i reserve the right to flip my opinion btw...just for now based on what I do know they responded like most cops are trained to respond)

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

supposedly there's a video in the TLR thread, but I don't feel like strolling through all the memes and sad faces....

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
kids kill grown men the world over with guns everyday. We do empower our police officers to do certain things and we also SHOULD hold them to a higher standard. However; that standard does not include NOT defending themselves from a threat.

YOU know it's a BB gun. The cops did not have the benefit of that information. Have you seen some of these BB guns? They are almost exact imitations of their bigger brothers except they shoot bb's not hollow-points. Should we expect a cop to have the kid shoot at him first then determine only a BB was shot? That's crazy talk.

Clearly there are issues with the way cops approach non white people, that's not really the issue though is it?

The issue is the cops pulled up, had reports the kid had a gun, approached the kid and the kid reached for a gun. How much shyttier would the situation be if the kid pulled out a 9mm got off two rounds hitting two bystanders and or killing one of the cops before being taken out? I guess we'd be sitting here debating why they didn't shoot the kid after being told he had a gun in the 911 call?

I'm no lover of cops and am the first dude to jump on the Fuk pigs bandwagon when I see some shyt. This just isn't one of those cases and I venture most cops, not just the bad ones, would have responded similarly.

There are no winners in this particular situation, the kid's dead, the cops have to live with that attributing the fuked up choice they had to make with ulterior motives outside those of the known is silly.

(if it turns out these cops were abusive cops with prior records and shyt i reserve the right to flip my opinion btw...just for now based on what I do know they responded like most cops are trained to respond)
:salute: