Tariq Nasheed on new Star Wars movie - "12 Years a Space Slave"

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
The ones in denial will skip right over this, but that movie really was some slave depiction shyt.

There's a reason all the white people bytching about the black lead character shut their mouths when they finally saw the movie. "He's non threatening and weak, I like him".
:francis: Except for the FiyaStarter Podcast, All of the black podcasts I listen to NEVER talked about how bad this looked when they discussed or reviewed the movie last year.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I read this thread last year. I watched the Tariq podcast and didn't watch the movie until 2 weeks ago because of it. However, I thought the "slave" angle was grossly overplayed. I didn't think he was very strong but I didn't find him annoying or overly simping. Just a dude trying to get the girl but awkwardly. I absolutely hated the scene where dude gives him his nickname though. I thought it was a good movie.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
The ones in denial will skip right over this, but that movie really was some slave depiction shyt.

There's a reason all the white people bytching about the black lead character shut their mouths when they finally saw the movie. "He's non threatening and weak, I like him".

Can't get any clearer than that