Taysom Hill has contract restructured to 4 yr/140M deal

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Let me ask this question..... theoretically speaking if a player wanted out bad enough couldn’t they just restructure their deal until the team had no other choice but cut them or eat the amount of the contract?

Not sure why more players don’t do it if they want out of a situation bad enough. Just say no when the team comes and asks for a restructure.
Most restructured deals come with a nice upfront signing bonus and players let that blind them.

Like if you have a 3 year $30M deal and already played one and have 2 years $20M left one for $8M and the other for $12M totalling the $20M. The team offers to give you $10M of that $20M up front as a signing bonus with the remaining $10M being split into the 2 remaining years for cap purposes. You jump and take the $10M siging bonus and see how the 2 years pan out even tho you may only get to play one and get cut before the next.

It's either that or risk getting cut immediately and losing out on all the $20M completely and you don't know if the next team you go to will pay you anywhere close to that because the next team may feel you're only worth a 1 year $5M tryout deal under their cap situation

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Most restructured deals come with a nice upfront signing bonus and players let that blind them.

Like if you have a 3 year $30M deal and already played one a day have 2 years $20M left. Team offers to give you $10M of that $20M up front as a bonus with the remaining 10 being split into the 2 years for cap purposes. It's either that or risk getting cut and losing out on all the $20M completely and you don't know if the next team you go to will pay you anywhere close to that because the next team may feel you're only worth a 1 year $5M tryout deal under their cap

:ohhh:

Makes more sense now in how the cap and contracts work. Appreciate the info.

Slangtonomo

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
I guess they're all in on him. From what I saw he isn't trash but let's see him do it for a season.

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Is this the new wave now? To backload contracts to free up extra cap? First it was Brady and the Bucs, and now it seems like everyone else will follow suit.....

The GOAT sets the trends, while y’all follow :wow:

EDIT: I’m just trolling Brehs, Saints not doing shyt next season anyway :lolbron:

Last edited:

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON
Is this the new wave now? To backload contracts to free up extra cap? First it was Brady and the Bucs, and now it seems like everyone else will follow suit.....

The GOAT sets the trends, while y’all follow :wow:

Brady been doing that since the Patriot years.