Singles TDE did it again! Zacari (TDE's New Artist) - Don't Trip

Daps
to everybody worried about how tde treats zaywop and their artists

he is a recording artist, but he is a human first breh. He's a human being :damn:

video explaining why he doesn't drop music often.... exactly like i said, he's an album artist and serious about what he drops. its not tde fault and there is nothing for their artists to be upset about. enough with the armchair a&r nonsense :snoop:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
I just meant in general, He's one of the TDE guys you never seem to hear about, take it he doesn't wanna be in the limelight
Punch is probably the most active on social media of anyone on the label besides maybe Mackwop.

He's been regularly posting on IG about being in the studio working on his album the last couple months.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
I am really not feeling this atmospheric vibe or the dude's voice. This atmospheric RnB needs to die, at first it was innovative, but it's been about 10 years of it and everybody does it. It is like chillwave back in the day, people do it just because it is en-vogue. Zacari voice sounds like Miguel's lazy mumble tenor on Skywalker without the soul or the blues and that's not a good thing. There is a lot of reverb on his voice in every song, not a lot of "singing". The guy on the "Love" song and the guy doing this doesn't sound the same. It is like Zacari listened to all the stuff the college music YouTube channels promote as RnB and swagger jacked it. It's like he wanted that crowd and made music for that crowd, which is smart if you are trying to get fans but he sounds like just anybody on a YouTube playlist.

I can understand why people would like this though, it's "vibe" music and I am just not into "vibe" music because it sounds derivative. It isn't bad or badly made but it is bland music with no personality. Zacari's EP is pleasant sounding music that is light and fluffy on the ears and you can play it in any setting, but it sounds like any bedroom producer/singer on any indie. If I wanted to put somebody up on "college music RnB" as I like to call it, I would point them to someone like this.

Daps
Y'all still haven't learned about doubting TDE.

Artist development, they take it seriously over there and rightfully so because y'all stay on their head for them to push every artist the same.

It's like y'all don't remember how long Dot, Rock, Q and Soul grinded and recorded to get where they are now.

How quickly people forget. Jay rock was the signed and was supposed to be the breakout star. TDE need to do a documentary at this point. Punch and top dog care about the integrity of the musics and you can hear in all there artist as well. J. Cole lane seems to take the same approach as well.