Tech N9ne, Eric Stonestreet help give Kansas City, area students a life-changing surprise; 100 area students were surprised with $50,000 scholarships

KingsOfKings

π”»π•£π•–π•’π•ž π•„π•–π•£π•”π•™π•’π•Ÿπ•₯
Daps

KANSAS CITY, Mo. β€”
The students were waiting to hear the announcement - the nearly 100 high school seniors knew one of them was going home Friday with a life-changing college scholarship.

What they didn't know: The surprise was much bigger than that

As part of American Education Week, the third hour of "Good Morning America" on ABC, known as "GMA3," featured a massive announcement from Great Jobs KC.

Kansas City native and Independent Hip Hop artist Tech N9ne performed the KCMO Anthem at Union Station Friday in front of a crowd of nearly 100 seniors. Then, he was joined on stage by another famous KC celeb, Eric Stonestreet, and the CEO of Great Jobs KC, Earl Martin Phalen.

Together, the group, along with ABC News Correspondent Steve Osunsami, announced that one student wouldn't be getting that life-changing scholarship -- all of the students would.

Nearly 100 students were surprised with the news that they would be receiving a $50,000 scholarship -- totaling over $5 million.

That news was life-changing because many of those in attendance at Union Station hadn't received any other help as they planned to wrap up their senior year. Most come from homes that would struggle to provide tuition to college or a trade school.

Great Jobs KC (formerly known as KC Scholars) is an organization based out of Kansas City that provides scholarships for students and adults seeking higher education or job training and certificates.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Big facts, all of Tech's collabs with Twista are hip hop gold :salute:
I'm a low key tech stan. I love all his shyt up to 6s and 7s. After that I feel like he started chasing the mainstream sound too much. But even still at 50 years old his lyrical ability can rival the best.