Tech's broken promises: Streaming is now just as expensive and confusing as cable. Ubers cost as much as taxis. And the cloud is no longer cheap.

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
1) Build walkable communities, invest in mass transit.

2) Antenna tv works just fine, companies are just greedy. (Writers Strike Actors Strike)

3) The average consumer isn't paying for cloud services.

/ 2 cents

I agree with all of this. fukk flying cars, we don't have the simplest shyt to make our lives easier

These cellphones just make us miserable

But, them Writer's trippin' with shyt like; you gotta hire 20 writers for guaranteed contracts on every show regardless if you need 'em or not...they getting' greedy, too.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
The problem is the prices will continue rising, to the point where 2-3 services will eventually cost the same as cable
Except everything rises in price over time. Cable prices only stopped climbing when streaming became popular. I still remember the days of $30/month basic cable and the Spice Network looked like this.

tumblr_mt89fyyVWC1ruj667o1_500.gif

When I cut the cord 20 years ago, Verizon Fios was trying to charge me almost $200/month for Internet and Cable, if I wanted HD and a DVR.

O.Red

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I got a 30K raise just by getting a bunch of useless cloud certs a few years ago. Next it will be AI and ML since management is clamoring for it because they want bragging rights amongst other CEO's.

Business people claim to be so smart yet stay getting finessed by tech companies over and over again. If you stay on the cutting edge of technology it's a license to steal.
:mjlol:
:dead::dead::dead:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
1) Build walkable communities, invest in mass transit.

2) Antenna tv works just fine, companies are just greedy. (Writers Strike Actors Strike)

3) The average consumer isn't paying for cloud services.

/ 2 cents
This isn't 2005. no one wants to watch network TV unless its sports