Teddy Atlas sounds Off About Boxing Being Corrupt(Post Canelo Vs Khan Interview)

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
If what you said was what he was thinking there's no reason for his right hand to be dropped. He didn't try to catch canelo's jab with his glove like the gif you showed in your first post .Canelo feinted to the body

thats not a feint to the body. a feint to the body does not make you reach your right glove out in front of your face. reaching your right glove out in front of your face means that you are trying to parry what you think is a jab to the head. there is no other reason to preform this movement. he is not doing this so he can block a body shot.

for some reason a lot of boxing fans think you cant block a punch to head and a punch to the body at the same time. i dont know where that line of thinking that you have to bring your arm up or down to block one or the other comes from.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
thats not a feint to the body. a feint to the body does not make you reach your right glove out in front of your face. reaching your right glove out in front of your face means that you are trying to parry what you think is a jab to the head. there is no other reason to preform this movement. he is not doing this so he can block a body shot.

for some reason a lot of boxing fans think you cant block a punch to head and a punch to the body at the same time. i dont know where that line of thinking that you have to bring your arm up or down to block one or the other comes from.

Amir's hands are at his waist when gets punched

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
Amir's hands are at his waist when gets punched
when khan gets punched he is in the midst of trying to throw a check hook. not trying to block a body shot. i dont think you can see that because you think that you need to drop your hands down by your waist to block a body shot.

you have to understand that you can block a body shot with your hands up also. it isnt one or the other.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This vid shows that Canelo feinted to the Body and Khan dropped his hands trying to block/push away the punch and then was attempting to throw his left hook at the exact moment he was getting KTFO by Canelo's right.

Khan had been biting on that feint for a couple rounds before getting knocked out.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
when you parry a jab youre not just trying to catch it you are trying to push it away from you.

kQGAEByK.gif

the motion of parrying is what brings the right glove down like this. that motion is not coming from trying to block a body shot.

zxWQtFrN.png

its coming from trying to do this. from trying to push the jab out. not from trying to drop your hands to your waist to block a body shot. thats not just wrong its also a terrible way to try to block a body shot. you dont have to drop your hands to block a body shot. that is a boxing myth. one of many. you guys are going to get other people hurt trying to push this narrative like this.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
when khan gets punched he is in the midst of trying to throw a check hook. not trying to block a body shot. i dont think you can see that because you think that you need to drop your hands down by your waist to block a body shot.

you have to understand that you can block a body shot with your hands up also. it isnt one or the other.

I forgot who said it...maybe one of the mayweathers/ or steward , but basically they said you can use your elbows to block body shots. also it would hurt them if the opponent hit the sharp part of your elbow and discourage your opponent from throwing them as much.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
I think this definitely shows how shook khan was of canelo's body shots.

kpgP1V.gif

he clearly see's the body shot coming after the jab and he drops both his arms trying dodge it. canelo followed up with a beautiful left hook

just look how marked up khan's ribs were

Screenshot_20160508_161424.png

and here's a clip of cotto damn near spinning his whole body just to avoid a canelo body shot

fem_Wz_At.gif

canelo got some of the best body shots in the game:whew:....them shyts do damage

Ayo :merchant: @ dude ribs :damn:

@krackdagawd some of these posts :whew:

Thank you for the tag friend :whoo:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
when you parry a jab youre not just trying to catch it you are trying to push it away from you.

kQGAEByK.gif

the motion of parrying is what brings the right glove down like this. that motion is not coming from trying to block a body shot.

zxWQtFrN.png

its coming from trying to do this. from trying to push the jab out. not from trying to drop your hands to your waist to block a body shot. thats not just wrong its also a terrible way to try to block a body shot. you dont have to drop your hands to block a body shot. that is a boxing myth. one of many. you guys are going to get other people hurt trying to push this narrative like this.

That's not what Khan did

He threw a jab when Canelo first moved out of instinct, that was his first reaction then tried to move away while defending his body, it happened so fast, you can only see it in slow motion, because Canelo was two steps ahead.

here go paulie breaking it down the exactly how I said it

Rios says the same thing in less words

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I think this definitely shows how shook khan was of canelo's body shots.

kpgP1V.gif

he clearly see's the body shot coming after the jab and he drops both his arms trying dodge it. canelo followed up with a beautiful left hook

just look how marked up khan's ribs were

Screenshot_20160508_161424.png

and here's a clip of cotto damn near spinning his whole body just to avoid a canelo body shot

fem_Wz_At.gif

canelo got some of the best body shots in the game:whew:....them shyts do damage
Khan was done after that left hook in gif 1 he put his offense in the holster, and started back peddling in normal khan fashion, he showed a good game face the rest of the fight though

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
That's not what Khan did

nope. that definitely is a parry.

tt4WlrPs.gif

He threw a jab when Canelo first moved out of instinct, that was his first reaction then tried to move away while defending his body, it happened so fast, you can only see it in slow motion, because Canelo was two steps ahead.

youre overthinking it. catch a jab in your right glove and throw one back in the same motion. thats the first counter you ever learn how to throw.

jWoEAmBI.gif

anyone thats ever done it would recognize that this is what khan was thinking and doing there.

here is what canelo was thinking and doing in response to that.

QIsEifWl.gif

create a counter jab and come over the counter jab that you just created with a counter right hand. heres sugar ray robinson knocking out randy turpin with it.

fUq6GVan.gif

you see you watch enough boxing you see everything repeat itself over and over. you see the same stuff again and again. you see stuff that guys do in street fights, in sparring, in championship fights, and its all always the same. anyways its a clever move and canelo was wise to set it up. i dont know why that cant be enough for you. i think he deserves credit for what he did. you should give canelo credit for what he did do instead of making things up to give him credit for.

i disagree with paulie saying it was a feint to the body on the grounds that you would never reach out in front of your face to parry a jab to the body. and i think if he sat down and looked at it a few more times he would agree with that.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Canelo was winning the fight, he should said this after the floyd fight lol

I don't even think there was a round where khan out landed canelo, people just don' like to count body punches for some reason
Nah...Khan definitely won 3 rounds and the last two he lost. He lost 4 and 5...got KO'd in the 6th. His punches weren't as crisp and he wasn't as evasive as the first 3 rounds in those 4th and 5th rounds. I thought he was gonna be able to move better than that but he wasn't and Canelo definitely cut the ring off on him and found his punch to dude's chin.

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps

kQGAEByK.gif

zxWQtFrN.png

:ehh:

I was going over parrying yesterday.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
:whew: this thread

Thank you master dumbass for trying to style on yuzo :banderas: