Terminator: Dark Fate Official Thread

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Salvation gets a lot of shyt especially when it came out but it’s the best film sequel out of the bunch. Had the potential to be up there with T2 if it had a more solid director and they didn’t chicken out with the original idea they had in mind. They understood one of the core components of terminator is love. In T1 it’s Kyle and Sarah falling for each other at the end of the world basically. In T2 it’s familial/parental (this is reflected in Dyson stuff too). We get a mix of two in TSCC.
We get it again in Salvation between machine dude and Moons character and honestly the movie would have been better if they would have done what they wanted to originally. John Conner was gonna play a smaller role and end up getting killed in the last fight. Knowing how important he is that machine dude was gonna take his place and get his face basically.

I will say I still love how T3 ending. Them not being able to stop shyt and just accepting it was powerful. I also liked parts of this new one. Weakest part of this one was all the future scenes. I just don’t buy this tall warrior white girl or anybody falling for some short baby faced Latina lol. They should have cast someone to play older/future her. Someone with a rougher look.

If that was the plan that would have been a good ending

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Of course not.. we got Transformers in Terminator.. and not the blue filter, night time, lasers shooting, skulls everywhere hopeless shyt that was the future war scenes from T1/T2.

Salvation wasn't what it was really suppose to be.
I'm still waiting for this movie that T2s intro promised us:mjcry: A battle hardened John Connor leading his team through ridiculous unimaginable missions against the Machines to finally stop them. The Terminator exoskeletons crushing skulls with bigass laser guns and those giant figher mechs raining down fire:damn::damn::damn:Squadrons in army type vans with lasers attached trying to shoot them down:damn::damn:Where is that movie?!:damn::damn::damn::damn:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I'm still waiting for this movie that T2s intro promised us:mjcry: A battle hardened John Connor leading his team through ridiculous unimaginable missions against the Machines to finally stop them. The Terminator exoskeletons crushing skulls with bigass laser guns and those giant figher mechs raining down fire:damn::damn::damn:Squadrons in army type vans with lasers attached trying to shoot them down:damn::damn:Where is that movie?!:damn::damn::damn::damn:
That would have been the salvation trilogy that never was…unfortunately. We got a little in genesys but they fukked up using that cgi. Everything was too clean and nice looking.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
If I were to do another Terminator movie today I'd try to make it a mix of T1 tonally and that T2 intro. Have commander John in the start giving commands or something but have our protagonists be a small contingent of rebels. The mission is simple, they got get some valuable intel on foot (can't risk communicating it over electronics for reasons). Mission goes bad immediately most get slaughtered save maybe a handful, including a couple. Rest of the movie is almost T1 style cat and mouse game between the survivors, HKs and t-800s over one long fukking night. John isn't in the movie much he's trying to track the situation and help however he can.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Terminator gotta be one of the biggest failed IP in history AFTER THE FIRST 2.... I mean they have open lanes to do any time period movie with the time travel... Any cyborg movie.. Any future movie.. Future war movie.. Robot movie.. Could have evolved in a Matrix style movie and it still would make sense in the world... All types of shyt

And all they wanna do is keep bringing Arnold back to the current year and redoing the same plots of the last movies.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The Frank Miller comic book is dope. :ld:

A movie could work if it has a writer who can mesh both well.

Frank Miller took out the satire and just went straight for the action and violence. or at least took out the humor in robocop, if I remember correctly. if you're doing Robocop right tho, it's gotta be funny.

Can a terminator movie be a satire?

I don't think so but hey, weirder things have happened. Terminator is definitely a cautionary tale and an allegory, like most dope Sci-Fi/horror, but it's not satirical.

i think they could make it work well enough

genisys was satire :troll:
:russ:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

Tell me about it :francis: