Tesla Model 3

Blacknova

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Unless Tesla cuts the prices of their options for the model 3 I don't see them selling as many reservations as they have now.

$1000 for a color besides black
$9000 for 90 extra mile range
$5000 full auto pilot (I'm not mad at this one)
$5000 sunroof, power mirrors and seats, etc.

A base $35k model 3 will have manually moving seats, no covered center console, no power windows, etc

I sure hope for their sake they at least do away with that colorr change price smh.

Granted, price per mile the long range model 3 is the best electric vehicle out there but damn!

Don't forget the $1500 to get the better looking 19" wheels and the unannounced price for all wheel drive. I was bracing myself for the sticker shock with the options because I knew it was coming. They're trying to put it up against the Audi A4 and the 3 series and all those cars have price tags that go up real quick with options. I get what they're doing financially, but still sucks how much you could spend just on options.

As far as the $9k battery upgrade, it's a big jump but you're also getting a power upgrade along with the extra range. It's basically like going from a 320i to 330i. Here's an article comparing the price to a 3 series:

Tesla Model 3 vs BMW 3 Series: how pricing and options compare

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Don't forget the $1500 to get the better looking 19" wheels and the unannounced price for all wheel drive. I was bracing myself for the sticker shock with the options because I knew it was coming. They're trying to put it up against the Audi A4 and the 3 series and all those cars have price tags that go up real quick with options. I get what they're doing financially, but still sucks how much you could spend just on options.

As far as the $9k battery upgrade, it's a big jump but you're also getting a power upgrade along with the extra range. It's basically like going from a 320i to 330i. Here's an article comparing the price to a 3 series:

Fully loaded they getting close to a used model S price esp the older models.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Tesla definitely streamlining their cars and it's probably for the best.

The sound system, heated seats and heated windshield shyt is now included in the premium upgrade but used to be optional, plus the air suspension is standard.

I expect the Model S to get some more QOL updates in the near future as well.

I think it will get a facelift sometime next year, some door pockets:russ: and they will probably implement the air vent system from the Model 3 into it too.

They hired a major guy from Volvo who I expect to help them upgrade the interior. Keep the minimalist design but give it more oomph for lack of a better word.

Last edited:

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater

I'm not mad at the battery upgrade, I think that one well worth it. But yea I forgot about the wheels! Which obviously you want that one.

I think with the dual motor all wheel drive it might top out at like 67K

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215

MollyGalaga

+*++****+*+*+*=*++*.*+
Daps
Reppin
HTX
Unless Tesla cuts the prices of their options for the model 3 I don't see them selling as many reservations as they have now.

$1000 for a color besides black
$9000 for 90 extra mile range
$5000 full auto pilot (I'm not mad at this one)
$5000 sunroof, power mirrors and seats, etc.

A base $35k model 3 will have manually moving seats, no covered center console, no power windows, etc

I sure hope for their sake they at least do away with that colorr change price smh.

Granted, price per mile the long range model 3 is the best electric vehicle out there but damn!
Hold up no power windows ???
:why: