Tesla unveils new Roadster due in 2020 (0 to 60 in 1.9 secs, 1/4 mile in 8.9 secs)

Sammy Steez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MKE
I saw this shyt today...

And was like...:ohhh: then I saw the price tag and was like...:scust:

What a fukking ripoff... Most gas stations don't even have EV charging ports and no way I'm blowing my electric bill up to charge this shyt...

Starting at $200K!!!??? :camby:

I'd cop a hellcat for 50k and keep it moving if I could... Sorry Tesla...:stopitslime: there's no fukking justification for that price point...

Breh, this is hardly a rip-off by any stretch of the imagination. It's literally the fastest production car ever built...
DPC7fIwVwAANxJ8.jpg

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Breh, this is hardly a rip-off by any stretch of the imagination. It's literally the fastest production car ever built...
DPC7fIwVwAANxJ8.jpg

But it's Electric breh...:why: also it's $200K!!! who buying cars for $200K???

I mean if you got bugatti/lambo/koeingsegg money more power to you...:whoa: but the idea of electric car IMO is that it should be a more LESS EXPENSIVE option...

Blacknova

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
This is not meant to be a mass market car. This is their halo car. They're not trying to compete with hellcats and m3s with this. They're competing with those hyper cars you mentioned, and when you compare it to those, it's a bargain. And it being electric isn't a negative, alot of those hyper cars are hybrids now because of the advantages of electricity. On top of that, anyone buying a car at that price range probably isn't worried about it, but electricity is less expensive than gas when you do the conversion. Especially if you're talking about high octane racing fuel

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater
I saw this shyt today...

And was like...:ohhh: then I saw the price tag and was like...:scust:

What a fukking ripoff... Most gas stations don't even have EV charging ports and no way I'm blowing my electric bill up to charge this shyt...

Starting at $200K!!!??? :camby:

I'd cop a hellcat for 50k and keep it moving if I could... Sorry Tesla...:stopitslime: there's no fukking justification for that price point...
1. There are electric vehicle charging stations everywhere.

2. The amount of energy it would take at home to charge up the vehicle is a fraction of the cost of gasoline.

3. The roadster 2.0 is up there in the hypercar territory. A damn hellcat ain't no hypercar lol

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater
But it's Electric breh...:why: also it's $200K!!! who buying cars for $200K???

I mean if you got bugatti/lambo/koeingsegg money more power to you...:whoa: but the idea of electric car IMO is that it should be a more LESS EXPENSIVE option...
Who says it should be less expensive? It is less expensive to MAINTAIN

koolkeef

Pro
Daps
:russ: @ brehs talking about the price ain't justified. This car's about to blow the doors off everything on this side of automotive history, and all y'all can say is "but but but its electric....." :stopitslime:

Internal combustion's days are numbered now, just like the manual transmission - which is basically a novelty item now. Just say you like shyt that goes vroom vroom, and move on with your life.

I was wondering if it was possible for another auto maker to meet these specs by the time this come out.

The closest I know of is the Rimac Concept One, and the Nio EP9. They're both about a half second slower to 60, and half the range. Maybe there are some other electric supercars around the corner, but I haven't heard of em.

Tesla must've made a big breakthrough on battery tech to make their numbers work.