Texas doesn't have the brains to elect him, but maybe the rest of the country does. BETO2020

Daps
I voted for dude. Knew Valdez wouldn't get close to governor given the vibe out here and I really don't care for her, but I really think Beto has a chance.

The campaign ads going against Ted Cruz are hilarious though. shyts be like,

"This is Ted Cruz phonebanking for Donald Trump, a man that insulted his WIFE :hhh:"

Cruz's face: :skip: :ld:

Me: :laff:

Isn't that the ad TYT sponsored?

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
I don't think Beto is going to win.

I hope he pulls an upset but I just don't see it.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Same, I think he loses by 3-4
Early voting is surging in Texas. That might be good news for Beto O’Rourke.

More than 4.5 million people cast early in-person ballots and nearly 370,000 mailed in their ballots during Texas’ 12-day early voting period, according to a report from the Texas Tribune. In the 30 counties in Texas where 78 percent of the state’s registered voters live, 40 percent of all of the 12.3 million registered voters in those counties have already cast their ballots.

In a state where early voting is already common, this year’s pre-Election Day turnout is still higher than in the presidential election in 2012 and the entire turnout of the 2014 midterms. It’s about 20,000 votes short of the 2016 election early vote totals. Early voting in Texas ended on November 2.

Yeah I'm not sure. They are saying most likely not swing voters voting early.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I don't see Beto winning. If he does it'll be a surprise. The only way he'll win is if he's managed to get enough Republicans who are sick of Cruz to vote for him. Even then, I can't say what is stronger. Their affiliation to their party, or Cruz. From what I've heard no one really likes Cruz, but is that enough to make them vote for O'Rourke?

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
I don't see Beto winning. If he does it'll be a surprise. The only way he'll win is if he's managed to get enough Republicans who are sick of Cruz to vote for him. Even then, I can't say what is stronger. Their affiliation to their party, or Cruz. From what I've heard no one really likes Cruz, but is that enough to make them vote for O'Rourke?
A couple hours until all is revealed.

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
There is always the “say one thing, do the opposite” problem with white folks. They claim to support and vote for Beto but will cast their vote for rafael since it’s secret balloting. I’ll be thoroughly surprised if Beto wins, but this looks like Clinton/Trump all over again...

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
Here's my theory on why I think Beto will win tomorrow. You usually can't rely on white people to vote how they are telling everyone how they're going. How many said they weren't voting for Trump but ended up voting for him. Texas is basically the capital of red States, if you're a Republican down there, God forbid anyone doubts your allegiance to the Republican party. But Ted Cruz is such a detestable person, I think a lot of lifelong Republicans are going to vote for Beto but are too ashamed to admit it, they don't want their friends and families to know they're voting for a Democrat.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Here's my theory on why I think Beto will win tomorrow. You usually can't rely on white people to vote how they are telling everyone how they're going. How many said they weren't voting for Trump but ended up voting for him. Texas is basically the capital of red States, if you're a Republican down there, God forbid anyone doubts your allegiance to the Republican party. But Ted Cruz is such a detestable person, I think a lot of lifelong Republicans are going to vote for Beto but are too ashamed to admit it, they don't want their friends and families to know they're voting for a Democrat.

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
Are you going to go vote in your local races?

I'm checking out.

I will be looking for other like minded black folk to build our own party.

There is nobody locally here that has a agenda with black people in mind.

I can't just vote just to vote no more.

I want my own party period.

This shyt is insane now.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I'm checking out.

I will be looking for other like minded black folk to build our own party.

There is nobody locally here that has a agenda with black people in mind.

I can't just vote just to vote no more.

I want my own party period.

This shyt is insane now.

What are some specific policies that you want to see out of the candidates?