Teyonnah Paris stars in "Slave Play"

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Art is one of them thin line things. Objectively we have to accept it as 'Art', however we can say its 'Bad' art. Subjectively I feel like if you gonna geaux that route, keep it serious. At first when I heard about 'Slave Play' I was disgusted. Slave narrations dont bother me, but adding interracial love stories in slave themed productions is down right disrespectful to my Ancestors.

Furthermore, we artists gotta tell them white folks 'NO' and stop thinking all monwy is good money and it can be sanitized.

a nikka wrote that shyt tho which makes it 100x more disgusting.

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
Yeah I didn’t find out about this until after I saw Wandavision which was the first thing I saw her in. I want to forgive her for it and rationalize it as a mistake, she was pushing herself in a provocative role etc but man I just keep coming back to why. Why degrade yourself like that. And I’m a person who feels people should do things that push the envelope but not this. I didn’t even get mad at her about it, just confusion and sadness that a black woman who is beautiful and talented would do it.