That Mikal Bridges Kawhi-esque leap is coming...

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
sohh you're saying the Nets & the Lakers are making the finals and Vridges is winning finals mvp over LeBron. thats literally the only reason Kawhi is viewed as "elite"

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
sohh you're saying the Nets & the Lakers are making the finals and Vridges is winning finals mvp over LeBron. thats literally the only reason Kawhi is viewed as "elite"

Toronto never happened? 60+win season on the Spurs and smashing the Dubs in the playoffs before injury without TD never happened?

tjwettem

#StarkSet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#StarkSet
The kawhi comp feels a bit hyperbolic but it does look/feel like he has jumped levels and I think he will continue to develop into a really good player.

I’m interested to see what their offense becomes with him as the main option. By this time next year we should have a large enough sample size to determine if he has definitely jumped levels.

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
A nice complimentary starter on a championship caliber team, that’s what I see, a pascal siakim at best

Imyremeshaw

كن التغير الذي تريد أن تراه في العالم
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good catch OP, I have been pleasantly surprised with his play recently, the mid range, his slashing ability, the pull up three (if he can sharpen that it will put him on another level), his game is coming together very nicely, I don't know about being the number 1 on a contender, but definitely could play a Jaylen Brown type role as another poster alluded to....

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
He definitely has all the traits of a cornerstone, we’ll see how it goes

You can make a hell of a what if team with dudes the 6ers passed up on

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
I've waited on making this thread but fukk that. He my favorite young guy in The League and I see it...

He's played 9 games as a Net and he averaging 26.1/5.9/3.1 on 536/500/911 splits, 16.8 shots and 6.2 free throws/game. Just the numbers alone tell you where the trajectory is headed, compare this to this year in Phoenix or his career numbers...

All this nikka needed was the keys to the whip, he played his role and did it well in Phx but family was hiding some heat under all that role player shyt...

Anyone who scoffs at this, I guess you're gonna tell me yall knew Kawhi was gonna be KAWHI when he was averaging 12 points on 9½ shots his first 4 seasons, right? 🤣 🤣 🤣

This dude Bridges walked in the door as Brooklyn's best player by an insurmountable margin, they gone have a punchers chance in Rd1 just off the back of this dude's strength. He still playing great defense, obviously that'll wane at some point with the increased offensive load. But if he can flip the switch to elite in the moments his team needs him the most, doesn't this sound like another Kawhi trait?

The entry into The League is all Kawhi parallel. The body type is similar too, Kawhi was probably always stronger but he certainly wasn't as buff or chiseled as he is now when he came in, dude was thin...

The Brooklyn Nets may win this trade long term. This dude Mikal a fukking diamond in the rough just waiting to get unleashed. I'm not guaranteeing he'll peak as high as Kawhi, I'm just pointing out there are clear and obvious career parallels and the time to jump on the bandwagon is now. He'd be a lock for All-NBA if only his time in Brooklyn was considered and this All-NBA leap will be more noticeable next year to muhfukkas who not paying attention...

Yall heard it here first!

Kahwi was a major factor on championship contending Spurs. Mikal Bridges is/was a role player on that Suns run. Shutup.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
He’s gonna be 27 next season ..you think he’s finally hitting his stride :patrice: