The "1 Drop Rule" explained and how it's tied to AfroAmerican identity

DabbinSauce

Banned
Daps
"how his
people are viewed. "In this country," he said, "if you are not quite white, then you are black." But in Brazil, he said, "If you are not quite black, then you are white.""

One drop rule in America>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>no blacks rule in latin america:mjpls:

Say it loud, im black and im proud>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>me no black papi:mjpls:

And I gurantee you most of the people that are so outraged at the one drop rule are either half-breeds, parents of half-breeds, ugly, low self-esteemed, dark skinned chicks that feel some type of way about light skinned girls, and non-american blacks who think Americans actually still give a shyt about the one drop rule, why did the internet dig up the fukkin one drop rule of all things though?:why:no one talks about that shyt in real life

African Americans don't give a shyt about the one drop rule, it's nothing more than a long forgotten elementary history lesson to us

And no one gives a shyt about bi-racials, my concern is with the blacks who come from black parents and black grandparents who have some european ancestry being pushed away, which is virtually all of us, yall act like this is fukkin Angola or Senegal, we ain't 100% black our damn selves. You have Africans who tell us we aren't really black, then want to turn around ridicule us for accepting "mixed"(not bi-racial) blacks:mjlol:

Last edited:

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
"how his
people are viewed. "In this country," he said, "if you are not quite white, then you are black." But in Brazil, he said, "If you are not quite black, then you are white.""

One drop rule in America>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>no blacks rule in latin america:mjpls:

Say it loud, im black and im proud>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>me no black papi:mjpls:

And I gurantee you most of the people that are so outraged at the one drop rule are either half-breeds, parents of half-breeds, ugly, low self-esteemed, dark skinned chicks that feel some type of way about light skinned girls, and non-american blacks who think Americans actually still give a shyt about the one drop rule, why did the internet dig up the fukkin one drop rule of all things though?:why:no one talks about that shyt in real life

African Americans don't give a shyt about the one drop rule, it's nothing more than a long forgotten elementary history lesson to us

And no one gives a shyt about bi-racials, my concern is with the blacks who come from black parents and black grandparents who have some european ancestry being pushed away, which is virtually all of us, yall act like this is fukkin Angola or Senegal, we ain't 100% black our damn selves. You have Africans who tell us we aren't really black, then want to turn around ridicule us for accepting "mixed" blacks:mjlol:
Get off your high horse the average aa is multi generationally mixed and has 77% black lineage not 77% white lineage. There's a difference between someone being 50% black or less vs someone 75% or more. Stop kidding yourself. Nobody is taking these white folks masquerading as black seriously not even those who hold fast to the one drop rule. Blackness isn't something you can put on or take off at the drop a hat.

The system in latin america is a different ball game which goes in the opposite extreme where people with majority black lineage claim white or indio. That's not good too. Point is; neither extremes are good. There's big difference between accepting yourselves as multi generationally mixed group with a predominant african lineage vs claim whites as black because they some far off black ancestor.

DabbinSauce

Banned
Daps
So you feel the need to Cape so hard why exactly?

In the UK if you have a white parent and a black parent then legally you are biracial, I just don't understand the need for this
Who cares about the UK though? You don't see AAs talking about "if this was America"

The first mistake we are making is discussing our business and history with people who don't even belong to our ethnic group.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Who cares about the UK though? You don't see AAs talking about "if this was America"

The first mistake we are making is discussing our business and history with people who don't even belong to our ethnic group.
If this is something that even aa agreed it wouldn't be a discussion. Not even members of your group actually accept this outdated concept, they just tolerate because ot has been forced down their throats for so long. And to tackle the elephant in the room means reevaluating many aspect of aa history as we know it. Most people like to stick to what's comfortable. But the fact of the matter is this outdated concept doesn't work in 21 st century america and some are beginning ro fight it.

The african in african american ties in african ancestry in the American context. The less of of the african ancestry the more inauthentic it becomes to still call you african american. If these 'blacks' had been who whites had found in africa do you honestly think that Atlantic slave trade would have existed in the scale that it did? Be honest with yourselves.

DabbinSauce

Banned
Daps
Get off your high horse the average aa is multi generationally mixed and has 77% black lineage not 77% white lineage. There's a difference between someone being 50% black or less vs someone 75% or more. Stop kidding yourself. Nobody is taking these white folks masquerading as black seriously not even those who hold fast to the one drop rule. Blackness isn't something you can put on or take off at the drop a hat.

Ain't you a African Canadian though:camby:

High horse? for stating simple facts? Sounds like you have issues with insecurity, typical jealous, self-hating African

75 is not 100 right, so by yall's definition then we are not "authentically" black, so what's the big deal if we include light skinned blacks:troll:

DabbinSauce

Banned
Daps
If this is something that even aa agreed it wouldn't be a discussion. Not even members of your group actually accept this outdated concept, they just tolerate because ot has been forced down their throats for so long. And to tackle the elephant in the room means reevaluating many aspect of aa history as we know it. Most people like to stick to what's comfortable. But the fact of the matter is this outdated concept doesn't work in 21 st century america and some are beginning ro fight it.
:beli:Lady, literally not one African American outside of the internet gives a shyt about the one drop rule, you jealous African women are the only reason it has been dug up over the past few years anyway. It's like you people just hopped off of a tour bus and picked up an African American history pamphlet. This is not fukkin 1935:why:

What the fukk do you mean forced down our throats:what:no one is forcing the one drop rule down out throats

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life

High horse? for stating simple facts? Sounds like you have issues with insecurity, typical jealous, self-hating African

75 is not 100 right, so by yall's definition then we are not "authentically" black, so what's the big deal if we include light skinned blacks:troll:

Please lets stop with these anti-intellectual arguments. I have nothing to be jealous of, I don't take pride in having euro ancestry. Africans are diverse i don't need the diversity that whites bring.

Second; I am warning y'all that this one drop rule is more destructive today than it helps and I am explaining why and how? Y'all are not fighting white supremacy by claiming whites who identify as black. Y'all are actually supporting it, without realizing. The one drop rule served it's purpose in 20th century America that it doesn't serve in 21st century America...and y'all see it in time, hopefully, before it is too late.

DabbinSauce

Banned
Daps
Oh really? What other "black" people follow the one drop rule? Tell me where outside of America is Wentworth Miller considered a black man by black people?
fukk outside of America. You are IN America. How do you think you can come here and expect us to flip some shyt for you?

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life

75% is mixed but it is still predominantly black.

DabbinSauce

Banned
Daps
Please lets stop with these anti-intellectual arguments. I have nothing to be jealous of, I don't take pride in having euro ancestry. Africans are diverse i don't need the diversity that whites bring.

Second; I am warning y'all that this one drop rule is more destructive today than it helps and I am explaining why and how? Y'all are not fighting white supremacy by claiming whites who identify as black. Y'all are actually supporting it, without realizing. The one drop rule served it's purpose in 29th century America that it doesn't hold in 21st century America...and y'all see it in time, hopefully, before it is too late.
Who the fukk claims whites that identify as black? Who are the whites that identify as black? Who the fukk is wentorth miller and when has he ever identified as black? When has black Americans ever made him identify as black?

How did the damn thing destruct us? If anything it made us stronger some kind of way and it made us the opposite of self-hating unlike every other mixed race society from around the world so I don't get it.

DabbinSauce

Banned
Daps
75% is mixed but it is still predominantly black.
Okay but there's still 25% that isn't "authentically" black as i've seen so many africans on the internet say about black americans. So where would the fault in people who aren't "authentically" black inviting others who aren't "authentically" black to the party.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Who the fukk claims whites that identify as black? Who are the whites that identify as black? Who the fukk is wentorth miller and when has he ever identified as black? When has black Americans ever made him identify as black?

How did the damn thing destruct us? If anything it made us stronger some kind of way and it made us the opposite of self-hatin unlike every other mixed race society from around the world so I don't get it.

How did the damn thing destruct us? If anything it made us stronger some kind of way and it made us the opposite of self-hatin unlike every other mixed race society from around the world so I don't get it.

That's arguable if it made y'all stronger. But if I had to pick between the latino system vs the aa system id pick the latter. But really, it's just me picking the lesser of the two evils. AA did not create the one drop rule it was enforced on y'all. Y'all made it work for you. But I repeat, today it looks more like a joke than an actual concept that can be taken seriously.

Last edited:

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Okay but there's still 25% that isn't "authentically" black as i've seen so many africans on the internet say about black americans. So where would the fault in people who aren't "authentically" black inviting others who aren't "authentically" black to the party.

I am speaking of blackness in the black diaspora context. Blackness is tied to lineage. Therefore, the people with the most African lineage should be the barometer from which to measure your in-group not the ones with the least. African americans are a subgroup of Americans because of their unique history and lineage. You cannot claim that a white person is black just because he fought for black rights or married a black person or has some marginal black ancestry.

Last edited: