The 2019 WNBA Season kicks off today.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Average ticket cost was 18 bucks in 2018, if you're drawing only 6,000 you're probably losing money just turning the lights on in a 18,000 seat arena.

I like what DC has done with a combined facility that serves as a Wizards practice facility, and a 4200 seat arena for the Mystics and GoGo.
Not necessarily since some of the owners also own the venue and what not. It could be cheaper to just run out of their than somewhere else. I have a feeling it's more complicated than we are making it.

JackRoss

Veteran
Daps
Maya Moore-Out for season
Sue Bird-Out for season
Skylar- possibly out for season
Taurasi-2 months
Stewart- out for season
Parker- 4 weeks

This is like
Bron
Curry
KD
Westbrook
Harden
Giannis

Being out for the season before the 1st game of the upcoming season start
::mindblown:

Sue Bird like 59 years old:mjlol:

Diana Taurasi :mjlol:

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
Not necessarily since some of the owners also own the venue and what not. It could be cheaper to just run out of their than somewhere else. I have a feeling it's more complicated than we are making it.

I'd probably agree with you if James Dolan hadn't sold the Liberty. He sold them to the 49% minority owner of the Brooklyn Nets.

They don't play at MSG, or Barclay's. They now play in a 5000 seat arena in Westchester.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'd probably agree with you if James Dolan hadn't sold the Liberty. He sold them to the 49% minority owner of the Brooklyn Nets.

They don't play at MSG, or Barclay's. They now play in a 5000 seat arena in Westchester.
Yeah I agree some teams play in smaller arenas I said that earlier.

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
most of them share a stadium with the nba team so it would be hard to schedule their games, the nba gmes and the other events those arenas have year round
The season used to finish up in June if I remember correctly, Idk when they changed it though

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
good post but there's not ... you can tell from the internet or just by going to the bar
real hoopers are busy playing ... fans over the past 10+ year's have been wave riding
thats why all these talk shows are making millions.... millions of people listen and use talk show points as knowledge
so they can be apart of the conversation. Average fan isnt looking at playbooks and coaching from a players standpoint
they just say what's cool at the moment or what they dikkride. Most sports convo with average people is menial

I can name a bunch of players in the league that are either horrible fits or not as great as people say
but all the hot takes and dikk riding keep them afloat. Jimmy Butler, Kyrie, Kemba, Melo, CP3, Westbrook etc
all of those dudes are GREAT but they can only thrive in the right place. Basketball is a game of chess and teams

Drose on the bulls was a perfect fit, minus injury he hasnt been a great fit anywhere else.
Put Rose on the hornets and he becomes Kemba..... Put Rose on the grizzlies and they might be champions of that era
Alot of the player dikkriding is only circumstantial. Shaq is a beast and even if he was in shape on the SUNS it still wouldnt work in that system
Dwight's career is a direct result of always making bad choices this way and wave hopping. In a better situation
We'd be still talking about Dwight as a Hall Of Fame player. Millions of average fans want to be dazzled, not Spur's basketball'd to death.
NBA is a circus and people want to see the dude shoot out of the cannon... that's why fans turn on you in a heartbeat

They dont want to care about Brandon Roy and Penny Hardaway... they dont care about Rose's career anymore. I bet kids dont even
know who Yao Ming is. Steve Nash isnt even brought up in the media. Amare and Davis West might as well never existed. The money
is purely entertainment and not for the love of the game. Chris Bosh was the glue that kept Miami running and now nobody cares if he's
alive or dead. You can go on forever with this, Jwilliams...Tmac...Joe Johnson etc. Everyone right now thinks Kawhi is the greatest player
at this moment... but if he never wins without the Spurs he will be regarded as a joke and just a good defender in 10 years. The feelings
dont add up or stay the same. People fall in and out of love with the player and not the game. Which is why the WNBA falls short, they
arent exciting enough for casual fans because they are actually running real plays and relying on talent. Yeah its not as exciting as the
Kawhi buzzer beater or watching a tomahawk slam on a fast break. But there's still tense moments at the end of games, great matchups
and alot of great personalities. Watching Tamika Catchings VS Angel Mccoughtery is fukking amazing. Candice and company VS the LYNX dynasty
great basketball. Diana Taurasi and Penny Taylor VS Lauren Jackson and Sue Bird. The game has had some really good eras and styles.
Cappie used to give Sebastian Telfair that work. Its not a complete International package like the NBA because most countries wont give
women the rights or money to do what they want. But ball is ball, I'd go watch minor league basketball too if the league was good.