The 25th Dynasty Of Egypt

Taharqa

Superstar
Daps
a08181768c.jpg
Pharaoh Taharqa Above

The 25th Dynasty refers to the kings of Kush (which included Nubia) who ruled all or part of Egypt from around 746 to 653 BC. This period parallels the Egyptian Third Intermediate Period (1070-653 BC). The Kushyte kings of this period considered themselves the bodily sons of the god Amun; they sought to reunite the ancient original domain of Amun, with Egypt and Nubia as the northern and southern halves.

The Third Intermediate Period of Egyptian history represented a fragmentation of central authority in Egypt. Regional chieftains and elites vied for power. Ultimately, Lower Egypt had a kingship in place, but priests of Amun ruled the larger Upper Egypt from Thebes. The Kushyte kings in their capital at Napata struck out on military campaigns throughout Egypt to end the civil unrest and political instability.

The Kush king Piankye (or Piankhi), also known as Piye or Piya ruling from 743 to 712 BC, conquered and ruled Upper Egypt and Nubia from Napata and Thebes. One monument associated with his rule depicts the god Amun handing king Piye the crowns of Egypt and Kush. Piye proclaimed himself king of Egypt and "of all lands" on stelae erected in the Temple of Amun of Gebel Barkal. Piye’s reign emphasized a revival of the culture of the New Kingdom, a period around 1200 BC. State artisans were encouraged to study masterworks of the New Kingdoms; similarly, the monarchy resurrected the pyramid as a royal tomb type and poured funds and labor into extensive renovations of ancient temples throughout the empire.

Piye’s successor, his brother Shabaqo (or Shabaka, ca. 712-702 BC), moved the royal residence to Memphis in Upper Egypt. Continuing the tradition of his brother, Shabaqo promoted the culture of ancient Egypt by commissioning the reproduction of religious texts of earlier periods. Later monarchs include Shebitqo ( ca. 702-690 BC) and Taharqa (690-664 BC); the reign of Taharqa was the most glorious of the dynasty with military victories expanding Nubian rule to Libya and Phoenicia. Taharqa however could not turn back the invading Assyrian military forces in Egypt, and he ultimately retreated to Napata.

The 25th Dynasty ruled for almost a century and provided Egypt with a revival of its intellectual and artistic roots. This appreciation for the New Kingdom culture also translated into the art and religion of Nubia and Kush.

Taharqa

Superstar
Daps
Gonna post some pics of the 25th dynasty:

Pharaoh Shabataka
1d182a9d1b.jpg

408b6ad637.jpg

64fbb36cd1.jpg

:huhldup:
758d7b5106.jpg

His son
6b123eef68.jpg

Taharqa:
In biblical depictions, he is the savior of the Hebrew people, as they are being besieged by Sennacherib (Isaiah 37:8-9, & 2 Kings 19:8-9)

Taharqa was described by the Ancient Greek historian Strabo as having "Advanced as far as Europe and even as far as the Pillars of Hercules in Spain

5d841e2543.jpg

7845da8e5c.jpg

eb0efaa957.jpg

dfe727cc74.jpg

4f7b13f9c0.jpg

b7b7a95787.jpg

King Atlanersa

37e78ded48.jpg

Tantamani
ae627a923f.jpg

A lot of their statues got destroyed by the 26th dynasty so its just a little bit to go with. But of course, there's enough being found to show us the glory of the 25th.

If I find anymore that's worth posting, I'll post them :myman:

Last edited:

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I been wanting to read more about this civ. I'm not trying to derail your thread but every now and then I google something like "race of Egyptians" so I can read for entertainment how these racist of which some happen to be academics let the hate flow freely.

Like on a random search this was the 1st page listed, its a gold mine. Its full of dumb shyt but I found a good comment in there.
https://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2012/03/20/what-race-were-the-ancient-egyptians/

Last edited:

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
The "black" Egyptian statues look exactly like the supposed "white" ones :martin:

Taharqa

Superstar
Daps
I been wanting to read more about this civ. I'm not trying to derail your thread but every now and then I google something like "race of Egyptians" so I can read for entertainment how these racist of which some happen to be academics let the hate flow freely.

Like on a random search this was the 1st page listed, its a gold mine. Its full of dumb shyt but I found a good comment in there.
https://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2012/03/20/what-race-were-the-ancient-egyptians/
Well, the 25th was nubian. There's no doubt that they were black. People can argue over the other dynasties, but this one, there's no doubt. Why do you think the Egyptian museum in Cairo has all the numbers of the dynasties on the front of the building BUT the 25th. Also, In ancient egypt, if you adopted Egyptian customs you were consider Egyptian. There was no such thing as race in ancient times, just different cultures. The "race" of people were created by whites to justify enslaving blacks because we were "inferior".

Here's a video on it:

By the way, that whole damn quote is dumb as fukk. I bet whites that cross pass with that post automatically believe it.

Last edited:

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.
Well, the 25th was nubian. There's no doubt that they were black. People can argue over the other dynasties, but this one, there's no doubt. Why do you think the Egyptian museum in Cairo has all the numbers of the dynasties on the front of the building BUT the 25th. Also, In ancient egypt, if you adopted Egyptian customs you were consider Egyptian. There was no such thing as race in ancient times, just different cultures. The "race" of people were created by whites to justify enslaving blacks because we were "inferior".

Here's a video on it:

By the way, that whole damn quote is dumb as fukk. I bet whites that cross pass with that post automatically believe it.

Not really. Actually they still do have many nubian artifacts in the museum there still, just to let you know. Others has been shipped to the Aswan Museum.

Here is some information for you.

From Wipedia and other sources.

Various pharaohs of Nubian origin are held by some Egyptologists to have played an important part towards the area in different eras of Egyptian history, particularly the 12th Dynasty. These rulers handled matters in typical Egyptian fashion, reflecting the close cultural influences between the two regions.

...the XIIth Dynasty (1991–1786 B.C.E.) originated from the Aswan region. As expected, strong Nubian features and dark coloring are seen in their sculpture and relief work. This dynasty ranks as among the greatest, whose fame far outlived its actual tenure on the throne. Especially interesting, it was a member of this dynasty that decreed that no Nehsy (riverine Nubian of the principality of Kush), except such as came for trade or diplomatic reasons, should pass by the Egyptian fortress and cops at the southern end of the Second Nile Cataract. Why would this royal family of Nubian ancestry ban other Nubians from coming into Egyptian territory? Because the Egyptian rulers of Nubian ancestry had become Egyptians culturally; as pharaohs, they exhibited typical Egyptian attitudes and adopted typical Egyptian policies. (Yurco 1989)

The depiction of themselves of artwork.

h2_20.3.210.jpg

Then a king will come from the South,
Ameny, the justified, my name,
Son of a woman of Ta-Seti, child of Upper Egypt,
He will take the white crown,
he willjoin the Two Mighty Ones (the two crowns)

The Ta-Seti people and their identity is still trying to be deciphered. Today from what is known they are believed to have spoken a Nilo-Saharan language.[8]

Many Egyptologists believe that Amenemhet's inscription implies that a great ruler will come to the throne of Egypt upon the death of Mentuhotep IV, who will lead the country into prosperity. It is fairly certain that Amenemhet the vizier was predicting his own rise to the throne as Amenemhet I. However, we are told that he had at least two other competitors to the throne. One was called Inyotef, and the other a Segerseni from Nubia. It would appear that he quickly dealt with these obstacles. We believe that he ruled Egypt for almost 30 years. Peter A. Clayton places his reign between the years of 1991 and 1962 BC while the Oxford History of Ancient Egypt gives him a reign lasting from 1985 through 1956 BC. Dodson has his reign lasting from 1994 until 1964 BC.

Ta-Seti - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Egypt: Amenemhat I, 1st King of the 12th Dynasty
Nubia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
63cfd96d2cba7970d928eab95d5faae2.jpg
boat%201.jpg
5492339_orig.jpg
AncientEgyptianFigurines-DraftAnimals-ROM.png

the Egyptians depicted themselves as black with afros

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.
What do you mean? Care to elaborate?

Well, what i just quoted, and posted. The 12th dynasty according to main stream Egyptologist was what they call a Nubian dynasty. The confusion is really doing a discourse to people who are sincere in learning the truth of Nile Valley history. Yes, the 25 dynasty was Nubian, but what about the 12th dynasty, or the 11th dynasty? and the later half of the New Kingdom period. Those are the questions we need to ask ourselves. There are written evidence of the 12 dynasty as claiming "ta seti origin, also we really need to descipher which "nubian" groups, so we can get a better understanding of the history of the region.

Various pharaohs of Nubian origin are held by some Egyptologists to have played an important part towards the area in different eras of Egyptian history, particularly the 12th Dynasty. These rulers handled matters in typical Egyptian fashion, reflecting the close cultural influences between the two regions.

...the XIIth Dynasty (1991–1786 B.C.E.) originated from the Aswan region. As expected, strong Nubian features and dark coloring are seen in their sculpture and relief work. This dynasty ranks as among the greatest, whose fame far outlived its actual tenure on the throne. Especially interesting, it was a member of this dynasty that decreed that no Nehsy (riverine Nubian of the principality of Kush), except such as came for trade or diplomatic reasons, should pass by the Egyptian fortress and cops at the southern end of the Second Nile Cataract. Why would this royal family of Nubian ancestry ban other Nubians from coming into Egyptian territory? Because the Egyptian rulers of Nubian ancestry had become Egyptians culturally; as pharaohs, they exhibited typical Egyptian attitudes and adopted typical Egyptian policies. (Yurco 1989)

That is why some people within our forums, are really taking to time to educate themselves by taking courses in the ancient language in University, to truly get a understanding what the ancient mentioned, and to get a better idea where to place groups. Instead of nubia, let us called them what they were example whether it is "ta seti" which was the first nome in Egypt, Kerma, Yam, Medjay, Irtjet, Kaau, Setjau among others.

Ta seti seems to be the most prominent group, and it seems like every dynasty whether it is Egypt or possibly Meroe, try to draw legitimacy of being descendant of that particular group. Since they were the first ones who established the pharaonic order. According to the Chicago Oriental Institute.

Most surprising, evidence that early pharaohs ruled in A-Group Nubia was discovered by the Oriental Institute at Qustul, almost at the modern Sudanese border. A cemetery of large tombs contained evidence of wealth and representations of the rulers and their victories. Other representations and monuments could then be identified, and in the process, a lost kingdom, called Ta-Seti or Land of the Bow, was discovered. In fact, the cemetery at Qustul leads directly to the first great royal monuments of Egypt in a progression. Qustul in Nubia could well have been the seat of Egypt's founding dynasty

What we are trying to unraveling the different nubian groups

for example this group

e10c80ea0nj7.jpg

As well as this groups

small-nuba-engrave.jpg

154508.jpg

The second group possibly came from a place called Jebel Moyer, which consist of a large burial site. It is a possibility that group came from that region in what is today Northern part of Southern Sudan.

Last edited:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
@ababda

I agree that there wasn't really a "Nubian" people, but instead a diverse group of ethnic groups south of Kemet(Egypt).

I mistakenly misinterpreted your first sentence as the 25th dynasty not being black, when the poster you replied to said this, "There's no doubt that they were black."

Anyways I agree with your post.

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.
@ababda

I agree that there wasn't really a "Nubian" people, but instead a diverse group of ethnic groups south of Kemet(Egypt).

I mistakenly misinterpreted your first sentence as the 25th dynasty not being black, when the poster you replied to said this, "There's no doubt that they were black."

Anyways I agree with your post.

There is written evidence of both the 12th and 25th dynasties as what the OP. There's no doubt that they were black.
but the thing is why it is empathize in the 25th and not the 12th? The first pharaoh (amenemhet I) stated in the 12th dynasty he was of Ta seti origin, from my perspective It cannot be more clearer than that, in regards to who and what his family line or dynasty represented. So his statement is basically cut and dry, without any subtle vagueness in his statement.

Last edited:

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens

Nothing in this comment is true. We're having a discussion on how the caste system isn't color based in this thread:

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/non-...-this-indian-mob-beating-africans-and.347218/

Check it out. There's no proof of any African priests founding the indus valley civilization. Let's let African civilization remain African and Indian civilization remain Indian.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
There is written evidence of both the 12th and 25th dynasties as what the OP. There's no doubt that they were black.
but the thing is why it is empathize in the 25th and not the 12th, which the first pharaoh (amenemhet I) stated in the 12th dynasty he was of Ta seti origin, from my perspective It cannot be more clearer than that, in regards to who and what is family line represent.
Agreed. But weren't the 12th dynasty a different "Nubian" ethnic group? The 25th dynasty was of Kushyte descent, I could have sworn the 12th dynasty was another entity.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)