The 60s Batman TV Series....fukkery on fukkery

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
And to think that NBC took it over with the rights to begin shooting season 3.....until some dumb ass had all the set/props destroyed by accident :snoop:
5 TV shows canceled due to an idiotic mistake

Batman destroyed their sets
The '60s Batman series starring Adam West may not be anyone's idea of hard-hitting superhero entertainment, but it's a colorfully campy cult classic—and one that might have stayed on the air longer than two seasons if someone at the network hadn't gotten a destructive itch. Although execs at ABC weren't willing to continue footing the bill for Batman after its first couple of seasons, they decided to sell the rights to NBC instead of canceling the show outright—and execs at NBC, looking to cut a few costs of their own, made sure Batman's existing sets and props were part of the deal. Unfortunately, during a brief production hiatus between networks, an ABC exec goofed up and had the sets destroyed, thus forcing the Caped Crusader to hang up his cowl.

Read More: 5 TV shows canceled due to an idiotic mistake

It was getting wack by then anyway breh. I feel like they did it a service by taking it out back and putting it to sleep

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I hated this show as a kid. I first saw it in the 90's on I think FX or some cable channel. Before I ever saw it I had seen Batman: The Animated Series and the two Burton Batman movies so when I happened to see this I was like :scust:. As an adult I can appreciate the campiness of the show and if it happens to play on TV Land or something I might watch but it's not something i'll go out of my way to see.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
I hated this show as a kid. I first saw it in the 90's on I think FX or some cable channel. Before I ever saw it I had seen Batman: The Animated Series and the two Burton Batman movies so when I happened to see this I was like :scust:. As an adult I can appreciate the campiness of the show and if it happens to play on TV Land or something I might watch but it's not something i'll go out of my way to see.
Yeah, anybody who saw all the other serious versions first I don't think really can appreciate this one. It was my first introduction to batman in the 80's (Family Channel ftw), along with the superfriends, so it was the defining bats for me until Keaton came through. They're great entertainment now for other reasons, plus the nostalgia factor. And like others have said there was still some really good work done by a lot of the villains despite the campiness. The great thing with Bats rogue gallery is that it really works with a lot of them.

Will our Dastardly Duo get one more shot at the campy characterization that put them on the map? Tune in next time to find out, same Bat time, same Bat channel.

Last edited:

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
The first set of episodes, with the riddler, were outrageous. I remember getting loaded and YouTubing them one Saturday evening.

nikka came to the club, fully suited, and started dancing. You could tell he thought he was the shyt on top of all that. Watch how he walks on the dance floor, like he owns that bytch

:pachaha:

Robin was too young to get in on top of all that

Talking about he didn’t wanna attract attention; nikka look like Halloween come earlier talking about he wanna be low key

:russ:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
This is the iteration of Batman that gave you prep time, and super intelligence. I'd still watch it, but I think MeTV took it off.

I watched reruns growing up on every channel it came on, and when they put it on Fox Family in the early 90's, I was loving it.