The Amazon Prime regional sports network takeover has begun…Seattle Kraken leave struggle Root Sports for AMZN Prime

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
In a busy offseason intended to improve all things, the franchise announced two new broadcast partners to increase over-the-air and streaming options for fans, Thursday. The innovative and next-generation deal features multi-year partnerships with TEGNA and Prime Video in place for next season.

The move marks a departure from ROOT Sports, which broadcast the NHL’s 32ndfranchise’s games during its first three seasons.

Starting this fall, all non-nationally televised Kraken games will be broadcast on KONG with 15 games simulcast on KING 5 in Seattle. Both stations are owned by TEGNA.

In addition, across Washington, Oregon and Alaska, Amazon Prime members will be able to watch all non-nationally televised Kraken games on Prime Video at no additional cost. The streaming slate will include preseason, regular season and, thinking positively, the first round of playoffs. The Kraken are the first National Hockey League team to strike a deal with the streamer giant.

Fans throughout the Pacific Northwest will be served even more expansively. TEGNA has reached arrangements to carry Kraken games not nationally televised (the NHL can select up to 13 games for broadcast on TNT and ESPN channels) on KGW, the NBC affiliate in Portland and KREM, the CBS affiliate in Spokane. TEGNA is working on additional broadcast companies and stations to come on board this summer to supersize the over-the-air choices in Washington, Oregon and Alaska.
Thank GOD, fukk root sports, i want the Mariners to fold the network do the same thing…fukk cable or an additional fee to watch a team you live a 20 minute walk from

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94

Thank GOD, fukk root sports, i want the Mariners to fold the network do the same thing…fukk cable or an additional fee to watch a team you live a 20 minute walk from

I legit can't even tell you what # Root sports is on my tv. Miss the old Foxsports Northwest days. Could be a wrap for Root.