The AMC Stock Discussion Thread

MaxBundles

Veteran
Daps
Just got the word my 5 shares went through. Just 5 but good enough for me if what y’all are saying is correct
How high is the ceiling where you think you're gonna make bank off 5 shares? Not clowning cause I only have 6, just generally curious

Daps
Stupid question time, please don’t kill me. Is there a way to prepay the gains taxes like you do on your paychecks so it won’t bite you in the ass come tax return time?

I don't think so......but there are brehs that definitely know more than me about that. Hard to know your tax burden ahead of time unless you sell and then don't make any other moves the rest of the year. We don't know how long this AMC thing will last.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
This 100%.

If breh makes a total profit of $5, the IRS won't be looking for you.

If AMC does what we are expecting and people cash out.....you definitely want to account for that on your taxes. Probably OK if it's under $1,000. Every $1k you go up.....the more you gotta consider including the capital gains on your taxes.

The brehs in here with 300, 500 or 1000+ shares of AMC definitely need to get ready for a nice tax bill.

As an example, I used an online calculator that assumed I made $2.2 million off AMC + DOGE. Input my annual income from work and the tax bill was about $513k.

I'm in TX though so it could be a bit higher for other folks.

Someone earlier said put about 30% of the profits away for taxes. That's a great idea tbh.

Preciate the info :ehh:

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Stupid question time, please don’t kill me. Is there a way to prepay the gains taxes like you do on your paychecks so it won’t bite you in the ass come tax return time?
Not like paychecks but you can pay them early. Quarterly taxes are a thing for people who make large sums and you just give them a check after the 3 months of gainz are settled and calculated.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This 100%.

If breh makes a total profit of $5, the IRS won't be looking for you.

If AMC does what we are expecting and people cash out.....you definitely want to account for that on your taxes. Probably OK if it's under $1,000. Every $1k you go up.....the more you gotta consider including the capital gains on your taxes.

The brehs in here with 300, 500 or 1000+ shares of AMC definitely need to get ready for a nice tax bill.

As an example, I used an online calculator that assumed I made $2.2 million off AMC + DOGE. Input my annual income from work and the tax bill was about $513k.

I'm in TX though so it could be a bit higher for other folks.

Someone earlier said put about 30% of the profits away for taxes. That's a great idea tbh.
im in texas too whats the best site to buy AMC???

should i use robin hood?