The AMC Stock Discussion Thread

Daps
It is a lie. Do your dd. And, they’re legally bound to transfer the money. These are protected securities. If AMC investors - whose numbers are in the millions, located in the US and abroad - weren’t allowed to cash out money that was a return on their investment, it would cause a wholesale withdrawal from the market and send stocks crashing.

But I won’t argue with you. Hope you invested and hold.

:yeshrug:

Good points.

Government has taken steps because they know the fallout is going to be (potentially) crazy.

There are 330+ million Americans but only like 4 million shareholders in the U.S. and Canada. I'd bet 1/2 to 2/3 of the country doesn’t even know what's going on.

The people "in the know" are mostly passionate and want the biggest return possible.

The stock will shoot up to some ridiculously high level but none of us can say for sure what "ridiculously high" will mean.

No amount of FUD and underhand B.S., can force people to sell if they just decide they won't do it. The hedges need those shares back so delaying and stalling is just kicking the can. The price dips only encourage people to buy EVEN more AMC & GME which puts the hedgies in an even more difficult position.

They'll probably use MSM to promote more random stocks and try to get attention and money off AMC and GME. They want to raise money in other areas to fight the fight on this front.

Again though.....every move they make is just making the final bill even larger.

Hard to say exactly when and what the squeeze will look like. The highs will get higher and the dips could be more sharp.

They'd love to wriggle out of this for cheap but it's clear that most investors are looking for AT LEAST xx,xxx per share. Some folks got that Prop Joe mindset of "Buy for a dolla, sell for tew." They'll dip out early but they are in the minority from what I've seen.

Beware of message boards and media pushing that FUD hard. Ignore any random pop-up stocks right now. Hedgies are going to prop up all kinds of shyt to make themselves more liquid.

Daps
There won’t be any legal proceedings. I understand you’re skeptical. I was, too. But, after reading about the measures in place for a short squeeze, it’s no longer a question of if - it’s a question of when. This is actually going to be pretty straightforward.

Eventually, the hedges will have to cover.

If they start covering, with the total amount of shares numbering in the hundreds of millions, the price will begin shooting up. They won’t have the liquidity to cover the price.

Margin Call takes effect. Once all liquidity is exhausted, DTCC insurance will cover the rest. The DTCC insurance is around 70 trillion, an amount that exists precisely for extraordinary events like this squeeze.

Not everyone will hold until $100,000 and up, so the amount paid won’t come close to exhausting insurance.

This is not going to be the cataclysmic event y’all think it is.

Some hedge funds will go bankrupt. The government will collect billions in taxes. The media will interview a few of the apes who became millionaires, using them as examples of the free market, restoring the public’s faith in Wall Street.

Brehs who invested will eat.

Brehs who didn’t invest...:francis:

Good points.

If everyone held for $500k and had like 10,000 shares each....sure that would be a problem.

That "average" person has about 120 even though a lot of big fish are driving up the average (I'll be adding 10 shares on Monday to hit 100).

People are going to checkout at different price points and some will hold way too long.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Part of me applauds some of these folks’ optimism in the system to work in favor of the common man, and the other part of me (which I’m fighting to not let overtake the growing enthusiasm in this thread) is disheartened by what appears to be willful naïveté . :to:

Again , If this breaks the way some in here are predicting, I could see this tied up in legal proceedings until our grandkids are born :heh:

And folks might see a quarter of what they were supposed to get based on the judgment .

And that’s one of the few BEST case scenarios .

I hold some AMC, but I agree with you. If this goes the way some are saying it could, it won't be because the "little guy" got one over on Wall St. I can't allow myself to think that way. There are too many ways for the govt to help the hedge funds get out of this if they're really in trouble, if that's what the gov't wanted to do.

Nah, if it goes down it'll be because it was time for some of these hedge funds to go, like in the financial sector consolidation of 2008, and because just maybe the economy is so fukked up the powers that be see this as a way to get millions a little financial assistance without coming out of the gov't's pocket, and at the same time bring in a ton of tax revenue cause we won't have access to the kinds of accountants people like Trump and Buffett have. They'll make sure of that. If you hold just 10 stocks and it goes to 500-1000 that would help a lotta people, especially as they're cutting unemployment, the only places really hiring are retail, fast food and amazon and people ain't trying to do that shyt. If it does the numbers we all hope it could that would mean alot more for millions of people.

We've been hearing about The Big Reset, and everyone with common sense knows the market is artificially high and going higher daily. That can't last with the reality on the ground. If they plan on bringing the market back down to a realistic level this would be the perfect way to do it, and would benefit the govt at the same time.

adexkola

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Part of me thinks that this is too good to be true. I've read the short squeeze explanations and the dynamics seem solid. It's just one of those, "this can't be real can it?" feelings.

But hey, I've only invested what I can afford to lose. Worst case scenario, I had a few couple opulent daydream sessions, where I was in first class getting topped off by Bria Myles :banderas:

pawdalaw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Fayetteville
The angle that we want you skeptics to be aware of Is that the US government is the largest beneficiary of all of this. The capital gains tax will allow them to wash most if not all of our Nations deficit.

They finally get to extricate themselves from banks and hedgefunds that have made 100s of trillions the last 2 decades while paying minimal taxes. Every move they've made supports this stance.

They've appointed Gary Gensler to the sec. He's a stand up guy who has been walking the talk. Hes already gutted most of the upper echelon of decision makers.

We have a dozen new rules/laws put in place in 2021. That strips power/control from banks/market makers making them more transparent and effectively ending the reign of Citadel. Black Rock is waiting patiently for the takeover.

The US has the money to pay several times over what this will cost. Have you seen our yearly military budget? It's still more than the next 7 countries combined (this includes China)

Outside of foreign investors, This money isnt leaving the Country. It will be spent on goods and services, reinvested, placed into American institutions, 401ks, squandered. This transfer of wealth isn't creating a black hole. Its money changing hands to a demographic (with infantile money handling skills compared to previous holders) that will immediately put it in circulation.

Capital gains tax: The current admin. saw this coming and raised taxes. They are about to cake too. They want price per share to go as high as possible, because they're getting almost 50% off top. Hedgies had too many loopholes to even pay half of that.

Which is all the reason for yall to diamond hand the fukk out of your shares. Uncle Sam will be collecting like Omar... We want life changing $.

Think big! Plan to reinvest! Your exit strategy should prioritize paying taxes first and foremost. My budget is every $ I spend for myself one goes to the Government. I'm trying to mentally prepare myself not to sell a single share before 10k. I'm Rich for life if this hits 10k. Double that and my kids are set. If they educate themselves on finances.

Serious business yall! Fukk the trolls/ spreaders of fud.

Allow nothing but prosperity to occupy your mind from here on out.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
I hold some AMC, but I agree with you. If this goes the way some are saying it could, it won't be because the "little guy" got one over on Wall St. I can't allow myself to think that way. There are too many ways for the govt to help the hedge funds get out of this if they're really in trouble, if that's what the gov't wanted to do.

Nah, if it goes down it'll be because it was time for some of these hedge funds to go, like in the financial sector consolidation of 2008, and because just maybe the economy is so fukked up the powers that be see this as a way to get millions a little financial assistance without coming out of the gov't's pocket, and at the same time bring in a ton of tax revenue cause we won't have access to the kinds of accountants people like Trump and Buffett have. They'll make sure of that. If you hold just 10 stocks and it goes to 500-1000 that would help a lotta people, especially as they're cutting unemployment, the only places really hiring are retail, fast food and amazon and people ain't trying to do that shyt. If it does the numbers we all hope it could that would mean alot more for millions of people.

We've been hearing about The Big Reset, and everyone with common sense knows the market is artificially high and going higher daily. That can't last with the reality on the ground. If they plan on bringing the market back down to a realistic level this would be the perfect way to do it, and would benefit the govt at the same time.
Well said .

RareHunter

All Star
Daps
Most AMC investors wouldn’t hold to 1 million. Many would have sold at $5,000, $10,0000, etc. there are over 3 million investors holding shares in AMC. That’s a lot of investors. Many of them ARE the elite. It’s not just comprised of working class stiffs crossing their fingers for a come up. There are also financial institutions like Vanguard who are holding with the apes. Then, you’ve got European apes, especially in Germany. You think Germany or the rest of the EU will take kindly to its citizens’ money being stolen by Wall Street?

I get it. Yall have seen these Wall Street elites skirt the law and rig the game in their favor for so long, you can’t fathom them losing to millions of retail investors and getting their comeuppance. But, they are, and there isn’t anything they can do about it.

It’s just too far gone. Too many eyes are watching.

:mjgrin:

Of most sell at 5-10K, would that be the time to sell or since all shorts have to be covered, the remaining holders can drive it up higher?

Kool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What do you guys think is going to happen this week? How high or how low do yall think the AMC stock price will go?

FlareBaller5

Hawkeye
Daps
Reppin
Iowa
Not expecting much from this week. I'm seeing it as the pregame to bigger things. Monday and Tuesday I'm feeling we venture into upper 50's, lower 60's. Maybe, MAYBE $70 at one point. After that, I'm thinking of a decline the rest of the week. Probably a good amount of hedge attacks later in the week but, at the end of the day... they're gonna pay what they owe.
Hold strong, there's no predicting when it'll squeeze but I have an irrational certainty it will. People complain and they doubt, but even the doubters are starting to lose their shyt. Like I said, this week is just a pregame to the real party brehs.

Let's get this money. fukk the FUD, fukk the misinformation, fukk all that. We hold tight, don't invest more than you can afford, and watch the fireworks pop off with time.

tenor.gif

*WE GON EAT

FlareBaller5

Hawkeye
Daps
Reppin
Iowa
Sunday and I'm sauced off them brunch vodka-sprites. shyt got me giggling though. This is either the GOAT come-up ever or a phenomenal L. Either way, this thread is gonna be in the rafters.
Hoping for the come-up for us all, though. I wanna see everyone on the coil thrive and be successful.