The AMC Stock Discussion Thread

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
where’d they get the shares from though? we keep hearing there aren’t anymore, that we own the float, etc etc, but they magically come up with enough shares to get em off a list they’d been on for how many consecutive days?

I’m not coming at you but those are just questions I have for whoever can answer them. I’m fortunate enough to have gotten in low enough that I’m up, but some of these dudes in here bought in at 50+
Lots to unpack here. First when we say “we own” the float it doesn’t mean there are no shares left. It just means we own the majority of the actually valid shares and an unknown amount of synthetics. We own enough shares that when the shorts start to cover they will have to come to us to buy them.

As of now there’s still enough shares out there to be purchased. On top of the fact that yes people sell everyday. The drops in price we see aren’t just manipulation, it’s people selling shares as well. So they very well could have gotten the shares just from people selling. Or they could have borrowed them. We know there’s still shares available to borrow because they still get more everyday and short interest is still increasing.

I think people are confused on the difference between FTD and shorted shares.

FTD or fails to deliver is when a market maker fails to locate shares from an exercised option. The rules say they have a certain amount of time to find those shares or it becomes a FTD. That list indicates that a certain amount of FTDs had not been covered for a certain amount of time.

This is wholly different from institutions that have taken huge bets on short positions. Those are people who have borrowed shares and sold them into the market. Eventually they have to buy the shares back from the market. This is where “we own the float” comes in. When that “eventually” comes we set the price because there won’t be enough shares for them to buy elsewhere.

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
the AMC and GME CEOs are talking to each other? Like game planning and shyt?

pawdalaw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Fayetteville
where’d they get the shares from though? we keep hearing there aren’t anymore, that we own the float, etc etc, but they magically come up with enough shares to get em off a list they’d been on for how many consecutive days?

I’m not coming at you but those are just questions I have for whoever can answer them. I’m fortunate enough to have gotten in low enough that I’m up, but some of these dudes in here bought in at 50+
From my understanding they used borrowed shares to cover, thus kicking the can. This is the same tactic that was used on GME back when. When they lied and said that Melvin covered. But we know the truth about that now.

Also read somewhere that GME spent 34 days on the list. So that isnt necessarily our catalyst.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Part 6 Illegal Naked Shorting: The SEC’s Regulation SHO is Intended to Prevent Illegal Naked Shorting, But is Ineffective | Expert Financial Analysis and Reporting | Smith on Stocks

However, before the close out requirements are triggered on day thirteen, the market maker can transfer the position to another willing market maker or broker and the thirteen-day countdown to a mandatory buy-in starts all over. This frequently used Wall Street trading technique allows FTDs to remain for months or years.

Here’s a good explanation of what could have happened @CoryMack

pawdalaw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Fayetteville
There’s not 1 person on this board with experience working at a hedge fund that we could ask some questions? Relying on random info from social media is getting played.
There are quite a few on r/superstonk. I know that doesnt mean much for us here, but there are enough of us here that frequent that sub to know that we are in alignment with the general consensus of affairs.

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
No, couldn’t they go to jail for that?

I guess that would depend on what the convo was about.

I'm pretty sure CEO's talk on at least a semi frequent basis. And if not CEO's a representative of the companies.

I mean they have to talk, otherwise how would we ever get buyouts, mergers, partnerships, etc????

All will impact the stock price and shareholders.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Praying for you coli brehs on unemployment that put some of your money on this. If it squeezes in September?

WanUnfitAsianporcupine-max-1mb.gif