The Biggest Third Saturday In October of All-Time: #3 Alabama Crimson Tide @ #6 Tennessee Volunteers

Who wins?

• #3 Alabama

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • #6 Tennessee

Votes: 28 75.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Needed a little bit more defense but still this was a hell of a game :whew:

Gotta check the Vols remaining schedule. They've been out of a the game for a good minute but still this feels like an overnight turnaround. These dudes got good and got good quick.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
This happens in the NFL or MLB somebody getting shot or arrested

shyt is disaster waiting to happen & when it does people will act surprised

Its not part of the tradition in either of those sports, but if enough people were inclined they couldn't be stopped either. And a disaster has happened before I wanna say somebody was killed by a goal post being taken down. Hence why you don't see that anymore

old soul

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can't stop thinking about Tennessee's last touchdown. Their left guard shows a counter, Alabama reads counter run and calls it out preplay, safety gets sucked in and the route moves toward where the safety would have been had they not read counter w/guard down blocking to the right. Really impressive "counter" to what bama was reading

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Can't stop thinking about Tennessee's last touchdown. Their left guard shows a counter, Alabama reads counter run and calls it out preplay, safety gets sucked in and the route moves toward where the safety would have been had they not read counter w/guard down blocking to the right. Really impressive "counter" to what bama was reading
Heupel is top tier in scheming. Just incredible performance.

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother
Josh Heupel is from bob stoop's coaching tree having played, won a natty in 2000, and coached all at oklahoma...2000-era oklahoma was when that program was in its prime and bob stoops was one of the few coaches that won every major bowl name: fiesta, cotton, rose, sugar, orange, BCS natty, all except the recent playoffs. having coached at oklahoma for 18 years, i'm not sure if oklahoma under bob stoops had some hidden ncaa infraction that they have still to dig up but bob is just coaching the XFL for now

the last time oklahoma beat alabama in 2013, alabama haven't upgraded their offense yet and stoops beat saban when bama was ranked #3 and oklahoma was ranked #11. saban gave the excuse that alabama lost to oklahoma because mock drafts and draft projections came out too early and players opted out of the bowl game because it wasn't the championship on the line when the actual reason was because alabama still ran the traditional SEC offense, so that's why lane kiffin became bama's OC in 2014. lane needed to go to saban's coaching rehabilitation clinic after the USC tarmac firing despite the "ass chewings" of how they described their relationship

when lincoln riley faced off against alabama in 2018, oklahoma lost in the playoffs and riley knew then that he doesn't have what it takes to lead oklahoma into the SEC so i guess he's going to lead USC into the big 10 with those windy/rainy/snowy/cold weather away games that SoCal players aren't used to playing in.

oklahoma degraded a bit (having lost their bowl games specifically to the SEC) when lincoln riley was head coach after bob stoops "retired" (but still coached in the XFL) and the offense totally sucks now that they have an ex-DC as the head coach having been blown out by texas and they barely have any defense either facing off in that big 12 type of high offense football. 'brand name' hires mean nothing but I guess coaching tree ideology matters somewhat

similar to how Lane Kiffin left Tennessee to go coach at USC, Josh Heupel has more loyalty to Oklahoma's program having played and coached there, so Tennessee better clamp down and make a large offer or they might lose their head coach like they did Lane Kiffin

Last edited:

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Josh Heupel is from bob stoop's coaching tree having played, won a natty in 2000, and coached all at oklahoma...2000-era oklahoma was when that program was in its prime and bob stoops was one of the few coaches that won every major bowl name: fiesta, cotton, rose, sugar, orange, BCS natty, all except the recent playoffs. having coached at oklahoma for 18 years, i'm not sure if oklahoma under bob stoops had some hidden ncaa infraction that they have still to dig up but bob is just coaching the XFL for now

the last time oklahoma beat alabama in 2013, alabama haven't upgraded their offense yet and stoops beat saban when bama was ranked #3 and oklahoma was ranked #11. saban gave the excuse that alabama lost to oklahoma because mock drafts and draft projections came out too early and players opted out of the bowl game because it wasn't the championship on the line when the actual reason was because alabama still ran the traditional SEC offense, so that's why lane kiffin became bama's OC in 2014. lane needed to go to saban's coaching rehabilitation clinic after the USC tarmac firing despite the "ass chewings" of how they described their relationship

when lincoln riley faced off against alabama in 2018, oklahoma lost in the playoffs and riley knew then that he doesn't have what it takes to lead oklahoma into the SEC so i guess he's going to lead USC into the big 10 with those cold weather away games that SoCal players aren't used to playing in.

oklahoma degraded when lincoln riley was head coach after bob stoops "retired" (but still coached in the XFL) and the offense totally sucks now that they have an ex-DC as the head coach having been blown out by texas and they barely have any defense either facing off in that big 12 type of high offense football. 'brand name' hires mean nothing but I guess coaching tree ideology matters somewhat

similar to how Lane Kiffin left Tennessee to go coach at USC, Josh Heupel has more loyalty to Oklahoma's program having played and coached there, so Tennessee better clamp down and make a large offer or they might lose their head coach like they did Lane Kiffin
Yeah I could see OU dropping a big bag on dude

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
bama average WRs that struggle to get separation and can't really burn anyone. Offensive line shaky, DBs are horrible.

I remember when teams would struggle to even get a first down against bama now its free for all
Our WR made plays all game

Our CB didn’t even get thrown at

Our Safeties got torched in coverage all game long. #2,#14, #13 are safeties

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

when lincoln riley faced off against alabama in 2018, oklahoma lost in the playoffs and riley knew then that he doesn't have what it takes to lead oklahoma into the SEC so i guess he's going to lead USC into the big 10 with those windy/rainy/snowy/cold weather away games that SoCal players aren't used to playing in.

oklahoma degraded a bit (having lost their bowl games specifically to the SEC) when lincoln riley was head coach after bob stoops "retired" (but still coached in the XFL) and the offense totally sucks now that they have an ex-DC as the head coach having been blown out by texas and they barely have any defense either facing off in that big 12 type of high offense football. 'brand name' hires mean nothing but I guess coaching tree ideology matters somewhat

What people don’t mention was the drop off of ou talent, that defense is in shambles

If you have it made money wise why leave Tennessee for Oklahoma despit then ties, we typically know how these stories go when the proud son comes home

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Its not part of the tradition in either of those sports, but if enough people were inclined they couldn't be stopped either. And a disaster has happened before I wanna say somebody was killed by a goal post being taken down. Hence why you don't see that anymore

I’m surprised Tennessee still had the old style goalposts that don’t retract. Both of them bytches were tore down tonight.