The BMW 335i thread

Daps
ahhh now you see the 335 in it's natural habitat... what happened?

Hard to tell without knowing what code it threw this morning. Could be injectors, could be failing HPFP... running very very rough when cold... misfire would calm down when warm but I was still feeling a loss of power. Said fuk it told em come get it as the nearest dealer is 25 miles away

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Hard to tell without knowing what code it threw this morning. Could be injectors, could be failing HPFP... running very very rough when cold... misfire would calm down when warm but I was still feeling a loss of power. Said fuk it told em come get it as the nearest dealer is 25 miles away

should've taken it to advanced and trouble shot it, breh. It could be a lot of different things by the sounds of it. hopefully you get off easy.

Mordith

H.E.N.R.Y.
Daps
Reppin
Cobb County
What is the manufacture date of your car? Were the HPFP and injector recalls performed at some point?

Daps
What is the manufacture date of your car? Were the HPFP and injector recalls performed at some point?

11/07

HPFP was performed, not too sure on the injectors. It just sucks that it happened right in the middle of the holidays. Now i'll likely have to deal with a shytty turn around time. Oh well looks like i'll be driving my gas guzzler... merry christmas brehs.

Daps
should've taken it to advanced and trouble shot it, breh. It could be a lot of different things by the sounds of it. hopefully you get off easy.

Yeah it could be variety of things I just mentioned those issues based on what I know about the car.

I've got an extended warranty on top of the CPO warranty that is set to expire at the beginning of next year so I'll be ok.

Mordith

H.E.N.R.Y.
Daps
Reppin
Cobb County
11/07

HPFP was performed, not too sure on the injectors. It just sucks that it happened right in the middle of the holidays. Now i'll likely have to deal with a shytty turn around time. Oh well looks like i'll be driving my gas guzzler... merry christmas brehs.

Your car is definitely covered by both recalls, so if the work hasn't been done already I would make sure they take care of it.

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Yeah it could be variety of things I just mentioned those issues based on what I know about the car.

I've got an extended warranty on top of the CPO warranty that is set to expire at the beginning of next year so I'll be ok.

Good move on the cpo

Daps
It has begun brehs :sadcam:
6431BD2B-F6BA-4F6A-84DD-C322D44D2561_zpszmdughxf.jpg

Update on this. Took it to BMW they cleared the dme history and drove it and couldn't find anything wrong. I took it back from them drove it for a week and experienced the same issue but far more severe. On my way home it went into limp home mode and began to sputter and misfire badly, severe loss of power, blue smoke,scent of gasoline, etc. It sounded like a WRX....which is fine if you're driving a WRX.

I took it back to the dealer and they ran through it again. Replaced all spark plugs and three injectors, it's been running smooth ever since..I get the feeling my warranty is going to pay for itself this year alone.

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Update on this. Took it to BMW they cleared the dme history and drove it and couldn't find anything wrong. I took it back from them drove it for a week and experienced the same issue but far more severe. On my way home it went into limp home mode and began to sputter and misfire badly, severe loss of power, blue smoke,scent of gasoline, etc. It sounded like a WRX....which is fine if you're driving a WRX.

I took it back to the dealer and they ran through it again. Replaced all spark plugs and three injectors, it's been running smooth ever since..I get the feeling my warranty is going to pay for itself this year alone.

blue smoke is generally oil in your dps...

did they check on your turbos?

Daps
blue smoke is generally oil in your dps...

did they check on your turbos?

I was told that they did. Wouldn't the blue smoke issue return regardless of what was done with the injectors if that were the case? Maybe I have two issues that presented themselves at the same time?

Mordith

H.E.N.R.Y.
Daps
Reppin
Cobb County
I drove an 09 steptronic sport... wasnt feeling it, there was no top end, felt slower than my Z

You better be talking about a 370Z...:comeon: Stock to stock your assessment would be spot on because a 335i doesn't shine until you tune it....That same 335 even with a Stage 1 tune will walk a stock motor Z from any speed. :banderas:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
You better be talking about a 370Z...:comeon: Stock to stock your assessment would be spot on because a 335i doesn't shine until you tune it....That same 335 even with a Stage 1 tune will walk a stock motor Z from any speed. :banderas:
04 350Z. 335i was stock. I know w/a JB4 tune a 335i is :banderas: but I was hoping for a lil more out of the box. I will still probably fukk with one down the line cause the gas mileage is :leon: 300HP and like 23 MPG combined.... I'm happy to break 20 in the Z

Gonna miss stickshift tho :to:

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Had a 370Z before I got the 335i. IMO, the 335i shyts all over the Z speedwise (especially in the summertime). I've never driven a car that got as heatsoaked as that Z. Fuccing Honda minivans were faster in the summertime with A/C on.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Had a 370Z before I got the 335i. IMO, the 335i shyts all over the Z speedwise (especially in the summertime). I've never driven a car that got as heatsoaked as that Z. Fuccing Honda minivans were faster in the summertime with A/C on.

:to: You are very right about that, damn I forgot about that shyt, my shyt was a dog during the summer, it's a rocket now tho

I got the bike for the summer anyway