The Brehs of Wall Street (Offical Stock Market Thread)

Busted_Toes

Veteran
Daps
When doing stop loss placement, what range/duration should i use? weekly? monthly? 3 months? 6 months? I just learned about support and resistance but now i'm wondering about the duration.

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
When doing stop loss placement, what range/duration should i use? weekly? monthly? 3 months? 6 months? I just learned about support and resistance but now i'm wondering about the duration.
depends..u doing day trading... or short term

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Quick question about this TDA app why wont it let me buy penny stocks, even with my $3...:what: why does it keep mentioning I need more money to fill the order???

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Now that you learned how the support and resistance works, you can use that to determine when you want to sell and buy. When the stock hits its resistance point you might want to sell it at that point, if you're looking to buy..you wait until it dips. But of course we all have different ways of interoperating that.

Busted_Toes

Veteran
Daps
Now that you learned how the support and resistance works, you can use that to determine when you want to sell and buy. When the stock hits its resistance point you might want to sell it at that point, if you're looking to buy..you wait until it dips. But of course we all have different ways of interoperating that.
thanks but say the stock crashes, do i put a stop loss just underneath support point? So incase it jumps back up the sell order isn't triggerred.

BK_wTwcueZU-DpyxGVjHR5ryy3jfsyzBZTUAW7dqvIxm8dfbEtgdySdEPRl1ujl681RwfDyu_05TUV86J2iGkdbRLrL760z-olUCKzvgfnpU

Also what duration do you use for support and resistance?

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
what platform you use

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Quick question about this TDA app why wont it let me buy penny stocks, even with my $3...:what: why does it keep mentioning I need more money to fill the order???

check and see if all the money you deposited is cleared, I was having that issue mid last week

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
what platform you use
thanks but say the stock crashes, do i put a stop loss just underneath support point? So incase it jumps back up the sell order isn't triggerred.

BK_wTwcueZU-DpyxGVjHR5ryy3jfsyzBZTUAW7dqvIxm8dfbEtgdySdEPRl1ujl681RwfDyu_05TUV86J2iGkdbRLrL760z-olUCKzvgfnpU

Also what duration do you use for support and resistance?

Depends...How much did you buy the stock for? If the stock quickly goes down, even below its support level...you could be patient and hang on for it to climb back up, or collect your losses and stop the bleeding. Being patient with lousy performing stock takes time, and time is money..you could have invested that money elsewhere, you have to make tough calls sometimes. If you bought the stock for investing purposes, then you wait.

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
check and see if all the money you deposited is cleared, I was having that issue mid last week

For Safe High-Yield Dividend Stocks Offering, long term investment I use Questrade

for day to day trading's I use Wealthsimple because of the 0 commission.