The Chi (Showtime) Official Season 1 Thread

LevelUp

Don't Like My Threads, Blow The Whistle
Daps
how you still talk big shyt w/ a gun in your face????

KingsOfKings

𝔻𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞 𝕄𝕖𝕣𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥
Daps
Hannibal has a dude living in his closet that makes fun of Brandon. For some reason, a junkie Doctor is stashed in a house in the hood (seemed like he was living there) and then Quentin just setting up shop in Reg's place. Cooking Italian food and talking to him like they are friends. Lol. I think we are going to see how loyal (or disloyal) Reg is going to be to Trice. And Kevin's mom sends him and his two preteen friends to the store to buy tampons???? Shouldn't that have been a task for Kev's sister?????

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
examples all throughout this thread.
:comeon:

...I'll oblige for a sec, and just generally say the character development is HORRENDOUS. .. just for starters.

But it's OK... because I can't stop watching :mindblown:

Well truthfully I asked cause I don't watch too much TV so I don't know what makes bad writing or good writing. I think it's a great show and the acting is dope for the most part from my understanding of things. At the same time I didn't like the character development in the start either cause I was like why the fukk are they showing these different characters so randomly but then they tied it together and things made a lot more sense as the show progressed.

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
Episode 8

this episode seem short as hell.

Quentin - That situation with the wallet shows just how careless Reg is. It shows just how strategic Q is in comparison to Reg. I doubt that Q would bring harm to Jake in regards to his beef with Reg. I think like I stated before that reg will overthrow Thrice with the help of Q. Certain things that were stated within the convo let's me know that Q is planting those seeds within Reg head on how Thrice is. "Negro you are disposable". This statement is going to come into fruition soon with Thrice and i also think Q as well. What does Q need with Reg outside of information? Bruh damn near shyt himself when Q approached Jake with the knife.

Hannibal & Brandon - I stated elsewhere that it would be Hannibal that Brandon would go to for the money in regards to starting his own business. "I'll fukk up Mr. Wu". :mjlol: You gotta respect Brandon hustle. Im wondering if he will link up with Luis being that Sarah snitching got him fired. The fact that Brandon named it and stated it like a cross between Soul food & Mexican kinda like throwing that easter egg out there (a rather obvious one too). The situation with Jerrika is a odd one you back knocking that down after she pulls up to a cookout with another dude?

Emmitt - I like how his mom's stays on him when she feel he is slipping with EJ. That scene with Tiffany and the dude eating the apple was some foulness, but imo its a believable where a woman can create a tension between the guy who is her baby daddy and the fool she is shacking up with. I expect a tug-of-war with EJ, a custody dispute, and a altercation with Tiffany's dude. Its only a matter of time.

Jake, Kevin, Poppa - I agree that the scene and should've been done with Keisha. I think Kevin kept secret from Poppa because he cant hold water and a blabbermouth. The scene with the knife and Jake goes back into what Poppa said "what happens when your brother can't save you". Like how they took that tidbit and created a scene behind it. It seems the situation was rush but it was smart in its execution. I just was expecting it to happen later than so soon. Also this might be where Jake get a more extreme angle seeing that he wants approval and respect from his brother Reg i wouldn't be surprised if this is where we see Jake trying to man up and avenge Reg getting his ass kick by clapping at thrice or q.

Last edited:

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Yall mom's/older female relatives never sent yall to the store for feminine products as youngins? :why:

That scene wasn't nothing about an "agenda" The creator of the show Lena Waithe is gay, but still it's realistic in the black community for a single mom to be lesbian. Yall trip me out on this site bout agendas and shyt