The Cody Rhodes Situation

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
He would loose alot of heat if he just got a normal entrance. I get when aew started it wasn't like they had a ton of stars so they had to make him look like a main event guy but fast forward 2 years later and it's clear he isn't so why keep the entrance. Unless he is a narcissistic heel that entrance is a buzz kill from the start anyway especially from a midcarder. I flip the channel when his entrance start and I might flip it back later in the match which is a terrible look. Goal is to keep eyes on the product but everything about him is annoying. I didn't feel that way in the early years of AEW but now I just can't watch this guy.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
I think they are building to him bring a heel authority figure

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Cody claims that he has no intention of turning heel again ever yet he has created a packaging around how he presents himself as a pro wrestler that does nothing but elicit negative reactions from fans.
If he toned down the "I'm The Faciest Baby Face Ever!" energy mixed with the obnoxious intros and robes and half-assed overbooked feuds/matches he could be the face he wishes he was but he doesn't seem to recognize that a lot of the dislike towards him is his own fault.