The Coli Side Hustle / Business Thread

wenndigo

Rookie
Daps
Shopify and Facebook Ads are still a side hustle It does take up front work--- PM me for more details.

Yinny

Good Morrow
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
What kind of margins/markup are y’all charging?

For extended/large projects do you provide a discount or extras? Or are prices per service/hour?

Last edited:

Yinny

Good Morrow
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
What kind of margins/markup are y’all charging?

For extended/large projects do you provide a discount or extras? Or are prices per service/hour?

So I have a client who is a bit of a flake- I try not to pry/accept their oversharing but I do make certain things clear. Pretty tough when they're not the most professional.

I've been really honing in on how to treat clients, managing expectations and such with my business.

Bills are sent out with expectation that no work or services are to be performed until payment received (some stuff I have to expense/pay for and they have to resume the service themselves).

But I got him to way more realistic (higher) quotes, we're separating by project instead of lumping a flat fee. Whoo!

Trapathon

Rookie
Daps
Anyone ever did Instacart?

I have. Started doing it every now and again pre-pandemic around my area (Long Island,NY) and I was doing ok around peak hours $70-100/day.
In retrospect 2019/2020 was the wave to really get money on Instacart. Now..ehh, it's a toss up. Batches/orders aren't really coming in as much as they used to and the distance from grocery to a person's house doesn't seem worth the gas and time.
If by chance you do choose to invest the time. Go for the big orders (double drop offs). Keep in mind that delivery service gigs put alot of wear and tear on your car if you're putting in long hours 8+. I'd recommend using a reliable beater car like a old school honda if you can find one for the low online.

The Don

The Illest
Daps
Reppin
P-Town
I have. Started doing it every now and again pre-pandemic around my area (Long Island,NY) and I was doing ok around peak hours $70-100/day.
In retrospect 2019/2020 was the wave to really get money on Instacart. Now..ehh, it's a toss up. Batches/orders aren't really coming in as much as they used to and the distance from grocery to a person's house doesn't seem worth the gas and time.
If by chance you do choose to invest the time. Go for the big orders (double drop offs). Keep in mind that delivery service gigs put alot of wear and tear on your car if you're putting in long hours 8+. I'd recommend using a reliable beater car like a old school honda if you can find one for the low online.
I appreciate that breh :salute: