Essential The Coli's GQ Thread: Men's Fashion

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
I've seen this term 'minimalist sneaker' around and used in different ways.

How do you all define minimalist sneaker?

Is there too much going on for these Everlane to be a minimalist sneaker?

91c0eb78_cc67

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

91c0eb78_cc67
I Woolf just get some CPs

Daps

91c0eb78_cc67
Minimal usually sneakers without a lot of visual complexity; ex. single color sole and solid-tone upper. As mentioned common projects' achilles is a pretty standard metric for 'minimal sneaker', however they aren't cheap... but i'd put a number of keds, chuck taylor, vans and others in that lane too.

everlane specifically... not fan. I tried a few shirts, pants, sweats and so on 5-6 years ago and wasn't really impressed, even taking into account the pricepoint.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Minimal usually sneakers without a lot of visual complexity; ex. single color sole and solid-tone upper. As mentioned common projects' achilles is a pretty standard metric for 'minimal sneaker', however they aren't cheap... but i'd put a number of keds, chuck taylor, vans and others in that lane too.

everlane specifically... not fan. I tried a few shirts, pants, sweats and so on 5-6 years ago and wasn't really impressed, even taking into account the pricepoint.
I didn't go with them at the end. Didn't get a minimalist sneaker. I'm ordering New balance 550 gray suede. Just a standard everyday sneaker that doesn't look goofy lol. I never liked all white or all black shoes.

bb550vnb_nb_02_i

Cereal_Bowl_Assassin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What would yall rock with this? I ordered these boots thinking that they would match my jacket but its more of a dark honey color rather than khaki. Do yall think I could pull it off? I was thinking about rocking a black fitted sweater with it but idk (ignore the wrinkled pants...they'll get pressed up lol)

20230224-193720.jpg

20230224-194417.jpg