The Controller/Gamepad Thread

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
In terms of overall performance, ergonomics, features, durability, battery life, etc. what do y’all consider to be the “best” or your favorite controllers? 3rd party options are up for discussion as well

I’ve had pretty much every console since the SNES outside of the Genesis & Dreamcast, so I’ve used a plethora of first and 3rd party controllers in my lifetime for a ton of different game types.

In my experience, I’d have to say it’s a tie between the X1 and the Switch Pro, and only because I feel like the X1 analog sticks are just a tad more precise for some reason. Switch Pro has the best battery life hands down at 40 hours though, and I prefer the bigger buttons. Haven’t had the chance to play with the elite X1 controller but I could see it being GOAT-tier aside from pricing

The DualShock was at the top of my list back in the day but the PS4 one with the light bar is kinda:patrice: in comparison to the other two consoles at this point due to shorter battery life. The grips on my sticks wore out faster than the others for me as well. Not a bad controller by any means, but somebody’s gotta take 3rd place.

I also rock with the PowerA GameCube controllers for Switch/Smash Bros since they’re good quality and have a great return policy if something goes wrong with them. I used to have a ton of MadCatz and other various 3rd party controllers back in the day but most of them were sub-par outside of an Xbox360 Logitech joint I had

What’re y’all favorite all-time controllers? And who out here is rocking with 3rd party or custom controller setups?

parallax

Superstar
Daps
i loved the saturn line of controllers. they were all comfortable to me. i kinda wish the dreamcast would have used the saturn analog pad closer than they did. a bit smaller , with the saturn d pad, dome analog and 6 face buttons and the dreamcast controller would have been much better

Rancor

Pro
Daps
I've been a PlayStation stan my whole life but got an Xbox One a couple of years ago for the hell of it and that Xbox One controller is amazing. It might be the best controller I've ever used.

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
Saturn Controller for old school games

Dual Shock 4 for 21st century games

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
PS4 and Xbox one are the best for sure. PS4 feels better in my hands.

As for older shyt. The Genesis 6 button was the shyt. With street fighter 2 :wow:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
X1 Elite is the goat

the GameCube for fighting games (SC and Smash) is nearly perfect though
I had capcom vs snk 2 for the gamecube, that controller was awful for anything other than smash bros.

Trying to pull combos off on that little ass gameboy dpad. Big ass A button taking up all the space, making sure you accidentally hit light kick.
:scust:

I hated that controller.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
26-104-629-02.jpg

/THREAD

This baby for 19.99 can do the following:

• Play on PC with ease