The Devils Chord: Conspiracy to open the portal of consciousness

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
not completely outlandish.

everything in physical existence is created from the interactions of light and sound. so manipulation of light and sound frequencies can create all type of effects.... ALL effects, in fact :ohhh:

only problem i have is this "devil." who exactly is the devil in this scenario?

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
where did this article come from? i'm having sort of a hard time understanding or connecting the math to the music and i'm a musician. like i understand the talk about the tritone and circle of 5ths. but, it's confusing me when it's adding the mathematical portion as a comparison, like how do these numerical values lead to the idea of a portal of consciousness? it seems like the devil only comes into play because the church outlawed the tritone (or flat 5) not because any real explanation. but i do find it interesting how important resonance is when i play. like, you have to be able to connect with the sound, and the more i'm able to connect with my own sound, the easier it is to channel improvisational energy (i'm a jazz saxophonist).

so, i'm not saying there isn't a shred of truth to this. i can attest to a feeling of open consciousness when i'm really in "the zone". when i say that, i simply mean that when my personal sound is tuned properly and it resonates within me (not necessarily "in tune" but when i "connect", sorry this sounds so ambiguous but it's harder to articulate versus experiencing it) i do experience a level of consciousness where things are free flowing, unrestricted and, more importantly, beautiful. also, i found it highly interesting how they said the only way to escape that is by exploring non-western music considering the fact that i've been adding japanese scales to my practice routine for the last month (mostly pentatonic based, which i don't know if that's a problem) as well as researching some indian music scales and rhythmic concepts. it's something i've been trying to get into since coltrane was into scales a lot, so along with practicing my normal "western" scales (major, minor, harmonic minor, natural minor, melodic ascending and descending) as well as reviewing the modes, i've been trying to branch out into other scales from other parts of the planet in order to channel a different energy to my playing.

all in all, i find the article very interesting, but the numbers are screwing me up. it's almost like looking at a foreign language, especially when you're comparing it to sounds i'm familiar with. and i think there's a bad connotation when you said "the devil's chord", i don't like that about it either although i do understand why it's given that title. simply because of the church's idea of the flat 5 (or tritone) being an interval related to the devil...

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
3503469738_ab9325fecf_z.jpg

Daps
Reppin
London
one dealing with noncommutative mathematics and consciousness, something rediscovered in quantum physics as nonlocal entanglement. So normally the Perfect Fifth in music theory is measured as a closed circle but this is based on false mathematics -- logarithmic geometry in an attempt to contain infinity! The real harmonics are not logarithmic but instead are complementary opposites or asymmetric -- infinite resonate. This is called the "spiral of fifths."

And folowing the new-age trend of attempting to make turd sound credible: obligatory quantum physics reference to enhance mystical psychobabble. Honestly, it's the only thing I look for in these articles.

ROFL_GUY said:
its not an article..

...it's a way of life.