The Dungeon of Doom was Kevin Sullivan getting Hoegan old WWF buddies cause he was getting booed

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
To be fair, that Savage/Flair feud was low key flames.
  • Flair showing his entire ass during Uncensored 95
  • Flair putting the beats on Randy Savage's dad
  • Flair trying to fukk Liz from WWF to WCW
Flair was like ultimate scumbag throughout that entire feud. Meanwhile, the Hogan feud had some of the WOAT moments in professional wrestling:

• The Tonya/Nancy angle :francis:
  • Twenty fukking mask men during that Angle
  • Flair getting retired more times than a old folks home
  • Shaq interfering because why not
  • Mr T referring because why not
Just all around bad:francis:

My favorite Flair/Savage match from GAB 95 with Flair using Angelo's cane to get the win :blessed: Macho's performance in that match is some of the best babyface selling of all time. Literally never stops fighting and throwing punches even when he's on the mat. :whew:

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
I remember in the early Nitro days they had a brief face vs. face beef and the crowd was going nuts for Sting and booing Hoegan at their match.
That was them starting to plant early seeds of a heel turn for Hoe-gan, he was "paranoid" because Jimmy Hart turned on him and help The Giant win the world title at Halloween Havoc. Hoe-gan started coming out dressed in black and doing little heelish shyt. Sting try to bring him back to good side, coming out dressed in the red & yellow himself. He ended up taking a "break" to get his head straight and wasn't seen until Bash At The Beach. The rest is history because he did what John Cena wouldn't...Embrace The Hate:blessed:

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Timeline is a bit off. Hogan went back to the red and yellow shortly after HH 95 and resumed berrying Flair and the Horsemen (and DoD) for another 5 months before the NWO turn. His last match before the heel turn was in April 1996. Then he just...disappeared for 3 months with no real reason I can remember.

Cheercomp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tbh I think the WCW side telling him he wasn't worth the money and wanted to change everything about him, then Vince telling him yeah I'm done using you go back to WCW and then returning to WCW only to have a C string announcer suddenly be his new boss and focusing 100% on Hulk Hogan mind fukked him for the rest of his career.

Then you add in Hogan's political game was untouchable, then Hall and Nash coming in...
Ric seems to me a cat who didn't believe his own hype and had low self-concept. I'm sure he felt old, dated, etc. He questioned his own workrate, impact, and recognition constantly. I can see how Hogan, Nash/Hall, Bischoff, whomever would pick up on that and use it to their own benefit.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Ric seems to me a cat who didn't believe his own hype and had low self-concept. I'm sure he felt old, dated, etc. He questioned his own workrate, impact, and recognition constantly. I can see how Hogan, Nash/Hall, Bischoff, whomever would pick up on that and use it to their own benefit.

Just speculation of course, but that certainly wasn't how he carried himself in the 70s/80s, so I can only imagine that both companies telling him he was old and not worth the money within 2 years of each other as he was hitting his mid 40s really fukked with his confidence. THEN you add in Hogan/Bischoff/Nash/Hall fukkery. The story in the Evolution ep of RA doc where he was so beaten down and down on himself after his second WCW run that he was having anxiety attacks in the middle of matches :picard:. Ric fukking Flair.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Just speculation of course, but that certainly wasn't how he carried himself in the 70s/80s, so I can only imagine that both companies telling him he was old and not worth the money within 2 years of each other as he was hitting his mid 40s really fukked with his confidence. THEN you add in Hogan/Bischoff/Nash/Hall fukkery. The story in the Evolution ep of RA doc where he was so beaten down and down on himself after his second WCW run that he was having anxiety attacks in the middle of matches :picard:. Ric fukking Flair.
Bischoff and Russo were going out of their way to humiliate him in their booking in the late 90’s. They were trying to strip him of any professional dignity. It was ugly to watch. Flair still drew compared to others in the company then too so it was crazy.

I’ve always felt after Sting beat Hogan to bring the strap back to WCW they should’ve disbanded the NWO. Then they should’ve made Flair a manager or announcer who occasionally wrestled.

Cheercomp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bischoff and Russo were going out of their way to humiliate him in their booking. They were trying to strip him of any professional dignity. It was ugly to watch. Flair still drew compared to others in the company then too so it was crazy.

I’ve always felt after Sting beat Hogan to bring the strap back to WCW they should’ve disbanded the NWO. Then they should’ve made Flair a manager or announcer who occasionally wrestled.

Agreed. If Sting showing up untanned was such a big deal, throw that mofo in a tanning bed ASAP and get him booked to go over strong. Promotions have done worse with guys in more questionable "shape" so Eric can kill that noise. No reason for the NWO to exist after this match. Blow it up with in-fighting and move ahead with new ideas.

Ricky Dunigan

Superstar
Daps

I think it was Cornette who said something similar. Flair was low key the type who had achieved so much but would go up to ppl he trusted acting like, “ Did I do good?” or questioning whether he could’ve done something better.

Crazy with all he achieved, but some people are like that.

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Funny you mention that, on the evolution version of the ruthless agression documentary
Triple H actually stated he picked up on it from Flair wen he arrived in company
Then look HHH turned him into a manager
:russ: