the first 40 seconds of Smif-N-Wessuns 'Next shyt'

Daps
sounds so lovely and then the switch of what it turns into.

"stoned is the way of the walk...stoned is the way of the walk"

:blessed:

Maaan, you hit this post on the head!!

My favorite track on this album, and this is my favorite album ever, so that's saying alot. So many memories of this song around Thanksgiving time, during HS basketball practice, and every fall/winter afterwards. The way the intro transitions seemlessly into Next Sh*t. Tek and Steele conversing over the phone.....Buck singing the outro........song is just beautiful all around. A prime reason why Da Beatminerz are my favorite producers of all time. I really can't overstate the imprint this song has on my life.

Dap and + rep.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
the run of K.I.M, Bucktown, Stand Strong and then Next shyt is just :banderas:

when i play Dah Shinin, i always end up playing The Infamous right after (or vice versa)

Dah Shinnin is the best Boot Camp album imo

yup.
i think i might like 2 songs from Enta Da Stage more than every song on Da Shinin but as a whole it's the best Boot Camp album.

Lord Mecca

Eyes May Shine
Daps
the run of K.I.M, Bucktown, Stand Strong and then Next shyt is just :banderas:

when i play Dah Shinin, i always end up playing The Infamous right after (or vice versa)

yup.
i think i might like 2 songs from Enta Da Stage more than every song on Da Shinin but as a whole it's the best Boot Camp album.
Only reason Sound Bwoy Bureill isn't in there is cause it was a single... but realistically the run of Wrekonize, Sound Bwoy Buriell, K.I.M., Bucktown, Stand Strong :whew:, and Next shyt is just :mindblown:

Daps
Thats one of the craziest things about this album. While I love to death Bucktown, Sound Bwoy Burreil, Lets Git It On, and Wontime, it can be argued that the album tracks are iller than the singles.

DJ Premier echoed alot of what yall were saying about the arrangement of the album in that interview he did about Smif N Wessun when Monumentsl dropped.

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
I don't know why I thought about this so much but if I ever had an interview where somebody asked me to use one song to describe every year of your life, this song would represent 1995. Just the beat and vibe takes me back to a specific moment.. Cutting class, take the train to the erb spot and picking up some 50 cent white owls from the bodega. Incredible how music does that.

For the record 1992 would be "we got the Jazz by tribe".

Daps
I don't know why I thought about this so much but if I ever had an interview where somebody asked me to use one song to describe every year of your life, this song would represent 1995. Just the beat and vibe takes me back to a specific moment.. Cutting class, take the train to the erb spot and picking up some 50 cent white owls from the bodega. Incredible how music does that.

For the record 1992 would be "we got the Jazz by tribe".

I feel you. This would prolly be my 95 track too. Although there are literally dozens of songs that could fit that mold. I always said if there were was one beat I could play for aliens (lol) to summarize what hip hop is to me, it would be Supa Star from Group Home.

My 96 theme music would be Shaolin Style by Shyheim.

Ok, sorry to derail the original topic, I just zoned out for a minute, lol.