The France Thread: oui oui, bonbons and all that bad stuff 🇫🇷

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
@Liu Kang somebody check on breh after last night!

:russ:
france took a bigger L today as a nation :sadcam: im sorry @Liu Kang while im excited that them far right lames cant get traction, my nikka mbappe

:sadcam:
Well I didnt sleep as well as I thought I would but overall I'm good. Mostly disappointed by the result but overall not that surprised. We're still world champs :lolbron:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
France Gave Teenagers $350 for Culture. They’re Buying Comic Books.

what a great idea

this guy however

“A kid from the projects will lean toward what he already knows,” said Pierre Ouzoulias, a senator for the French Communist Party who has pushed to scrap the pass. “I can’t for one moment imagine a kid using the pass to go listen to Baroque opera.”

:comeon::mjpls:

Last edited:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
France Gave Teenagers $350 for Culture. They’re Buying Comic Books.

what a great idea

this guy however

“A kid from the projects will lean toward what he already knows,” said Pierre Ouzoulias, a senator for the French Communist Party who has pushed to scrap the pass. “I can’t for one moment imagine a kid using the pass to go listen to Baroque opera.”

:comeon::mjpls:
That's cause the Baroque opera isn't their culture, it's yours.

The French news media has written of a “manga rush,” fueled by a “manga pass” — observations that came via a slightly distorted lens, since the app arrived just as theaters, cinemas and music festivals, emerging from pandemic-related restrictions, had less to offer. And manga were already wildly popular in France.

Folks look for anything to stir up controversy instead of asking, "why are kids nowadays interested in this product"?

Opponents accuse Macron of throwing cash at young people to court their vote before next year’s presidential election and choosing an unregulated approach instead of funding existing cash-strapped outreach programs, like those run by youth community centers, that broaden access to culture in a more structured way.

That's all it was

Last edited:

mitter

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What do you guys think of Montebourg's candidacy?

Do you think anyone can unite the left?

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
What do you guys think of Montebourg's candidacy?

Do you think anyone can unite the left?
No chance. He's an arrivist and has always been a self centered dude with no real program but "me".

The left is fractured and has no possibilities to win the next election. It will most likely be a Macron W again as I still dont think France will elect somebody from the far right. Le Pen has slowly but surely drifted away from the hard part of the far right and she has now plenty of people trying to overtake her on her right which is hilarious.

On the left, the best candidates IMO are Melenchon and Hidalgo but Melenchon is 71 which is too old IMO and Hidalgo doesnt really have the charisma though she's been quite successful as Paris mayor.

Once again the gravity center of our politics will be firmly on the right with the left most likely totaling 30% or so. Macron is center right/right, the Republicains candidate is right and Le Pen is far right. All 3 will amount for around 60% in the first round.

Here are the the polls : Opinion polling for the 2022 French presidential election - Wikipedia

mitter

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No chance. He's an arrivist and has always been a self centered dude with no real program but "me".

The left is fractured and has no possibilities to win the next election. It will most likely be a Macron W again as I still dont think France will elect somebody from the far right. Le Pen has slowly but surely drifted away from the hard part of the far right and she has now plenty of people trying to overtake her on her right which is hilarious.

On the left, the best candidates IMO are Melenchon and Hidalgo but Melenchon is 71 which is too old IMO and Hidalgo doesnt really have the charisma though she's been quite successful as Paris mayor.

Once again the gravity center of our politics will be firmly on the right with the left most likely totaling 30% or so. Macron is center right/right, the Republicains candidate is right and Le Pen is far right. All 3 will amount for around 60% in the first round.

Here are the the polls : Opinion polling for the 2022 French presidential election - Wikipedia

That's a damn shame

If the left could unite behind one candidate, they could make the runoff, and then anything could happen