The Fugees - Ready or Not Appreciation

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Reflecting on the recording process, Pras said: "At one point, the group had disbanded. [Lauryn Hill] had left the group at this point and we didn't know what we were going to do. She calls me and says, 'Listen, I'm going to come down to the studio and I'm going to lay down a reference for you guys, a hook. I give you permission to use my hook, my voice, but I don't want to be a part of this group anymore.' I said, 'Fair enough. No problem.' She said, 'Make sure certain people are not around when I'm there.' I said, 'No problem.' She's laying the reference for 'Ready Or Not' and then she goes into the bridge and she's crying. I see her crying. She stops and says, 'I can't do this anymore,' and leaves. A couple months later she re-joins the group. She said, 'Let's do 'Ready or Not' again 'cause I was crying. It was emotional.' She goes in the studio to do 'Ready Or Not' again. She was in there five hours doing the hook. Every hit is incredible. But we go back and say, 'There's something about that reference. I don't know if we can touch that.' We end up keeping the reference. That's what the world has come to hear. There's something about that record… That's magic."

Ready or Not (Fugees song) - Wikipedia

:wow:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Flag_of_Haiti.gif

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
Why was she crying? She was singing a cover of a stylistics hook/bridge.

My bad, no hate on Lauryn just wondering why that made her so damn emotional. :dahell:

I been drinking y’all...