The future is here: Apple announces AR/VR headset the Apple Vision Pro

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The fukk they expect?! :mjlol: Drop that shyt to like 300 or lower and I bet they fly off the shelves lol. The stuff you can do with it is not worth it to me. I’ll just use my phone or iPad :yeshrug:

They’d be actively paying consumers for every unit sold at that price.

VR tech is expensive…apple probably ain’t losing money on these but they probably not making a huge profit either

Crude

Superstar
Daps
I said it in here or maybe it was over on the macrumors forum that this shyt would be a failure.

Most folks don’t want bulky hardware strapped to their head, it’s basically $4,000 USD, and it has to stay tethered to a power source over time. It’s a product you play with a week or two then the cool factor wears off and you throw it on the shelf to collect dust and forget about it.

It’s a very niche product that targets a very niche audience.

Meta already offers a very similar product at a fraction of the cost as the cost as well.

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
@Ciggavelli you still enjoying yours?
Yeah, I still am. It’s a cool device. Gun to my head, I’d get rid of it though. Normal computing is just easier. I can’t wait to see where this tech goes in 5 or 10 years. But to be fair, I said that about the Oculus 10 years ago :russ: The Vision Pro is a nice evolution though. It’s a cool device to have, but it’s not a must have. If you don’t want to drop $3500 on some tech, I’d pass

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I said it in here or maybe it was over on the macrumors forum that this shyt would be a failure.

Most folks don’t want bulky hardware strapped to their head, it’s basically $4,000 USD, and it has to stay tethered to a power source over time. It’s a product you play with a week or two then the cool factor wears off and you throw it on the shelf to collect dust and forget about it.

It’s a very niche product that targets a very niche audience.

Meta already offers a very similar product at a fraction of the cost as the cost as well.
Facts... Everybody with sense knew this wasn't going to work. Nobody walking around with helmet on or off work

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
me and my daughter actually tried this in person last month.

it's very cool, and it works very well. but that price tag....:picard:

and once the novelty wears off, I don't have an actual use for this. plus I don't like typing with my eyes. it's kinda weird.

like others have said, this thing is EXTREMELY bulky, and I only used it for like 30-40 minutes or so.

even buddy in the apple store who was helping admitted that hella people returned them to get their money back right before the 2 week return window ended.