The Game - DRILLMATIC Heart vs. Mind (Discussion Thread)

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pretty much. Game has a top tier catalog where even his lesser albums aren’t actually bad. I’d say his “worst” albums (LAX, Drillmatic, RED) are still 7/10. There’s artists that are considered better than him who have 3s, 4s, and 5s out of 10 albums. Jay, Em, LL Cool J, Lil Wayne (LMAO), and T.I. (there’s people that think he’s better than Game right??) all have some straight up trash albums.
This

Game is a fukking weirdo and a compulsive liar, but his discography is better and more consistent than most of the goats

He doesn’t have a bad album imo, ones that are only just above average/good sure, but nothing I’d say is straight up bad, and I’d even go as far to say that even those albums would be great if he cut out the filler bullshyt while still keeping them at a good length, take the 15 best songs of Red, Drillmatic & LAX and you’re left with some very strong albums

Documentary
Doctors Advocate
LAX
Red Album
Jesus Piece
Documentary 2
Documentary 2.5
Born 2 Rap
Drillmatic

That Discog is insane honestly, damn shame how much he has tarnished his own legacy with his fukkery, some of which is straight up baffling to someone who’s sane

Illmagic

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wow a year already. It was way too long but I liked the album when it dropped. I might bump this again tomorrow. I still dont understand why this wasn't on the album

Illmagic

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This

Game is a fukking weirdo and a compulsive liar, but his discography is better and more consistent than most of the goats

He doesn’t have a bad album imo, ones that are only just above average/good sure, but nothing I’d say is straight up bad, and I’d even go as far to say that even those albums would be great if he cut out the filler bullshyt while still keeping them at a good length, take the 15 best songs of Red, Drillmatic & LAX and you’re left with some very strong albums

Documentary
Doctors Advocate
LAX
Red Album
Jesus Piece
Documentary 2
Documentary 2.5
Born 2 Rap
Drillmatic

That Discog is insane honestly, damn shame how much he has tarnished his own legacy with his fukkery, some of which is straight up baffling to someone who’s sane
Facts. Lax and the Red Album are the only albums Id give under a 7/10. Very consistent catalog.

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
Had the potential to be a really good album be he out-Game'd himself. I'd love to hear him make an entire album on some grown man shyt though. No gang pandering, no taking other people flows, no fu**ery
Look at who you're talking about and say that again...

Mystic

All Star
Daps
Deleted maybe 9 or 10 songs & this ended up being my 2nd most played album on Apple Music last year. Boy don’t make wack albums. If he wasn't a jackass outside the music, his career would definitely be farther.
what songs you remove?

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
RED >>> L.A.X.
Gotta disagree, Worst thing about LAX is that the 3 worst tracks are literally all next to each other, but other than that?

LAX Files
State of Emergency
Bulletproof Diaries
My Life
House of Pain
Gentleman’s Affair
Let Us Live
Angel
Never Can Say Goodbye
Dope Boys
Games Pain
Letter To The King