"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
42478209_236760240325386_7266085537459658284_n.jpg
jovita moore
Remind me of my stepmother back at Moody AFB housing pool in 1990, she killed a black one piece too, if she wore a two piece, it would have been outlawed. My stepmother couldn't have been older than 30 at the time

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Let the whole world know i rep Zone 4
jovita moore
Remind me of my stepmother back at Moody AFB housing pool in 1990, she killed a black one piece too, if she wore a two piece, it would have been outlawed. My stepmother couldn't have been older than 30 at the time

And Jovita's over 50 but damn :banderas:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Jesus Christ ATL is fumbling infrastructure so badly it should be a national crisis.

Theres too many counties and no planning for the next century.

The housing lots are too big and there should be WAY more apartments and high rise housing.

Good god. Now no expansion of transit? :mindblown:

The state of Georgia is so fraudulent in its duties when it comes to giving ATL the reign to handle its affairs :snoop:

Bruh large housing lots is the appeal to living here. This ain't NYC, people FROM ATL don't want to live on top of each other.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Bruh large housing lots is the appeal to living here. This ain't NYC, people FROM ATL don't want to live on top of each other.

He got a point breh, this place is designed crazy as fukk. It’s already a problem but it’s gonna be a much bigger one eventually. I think that’s the only problem the city has actually.

And I’m FROM Atlanta and I always lived in apartments/condo flats growing up. And as an adult I’ve experienced the typical house with a yard side of it too and I prefer the apt/condo. I get why folks like houses, but it’s not for me personally. I’m cool with living on top of each other. And for Atlanta as a whole, don’t act like about 3/4 of the hoods from the belt line in have houses with yards. And even further out it’s a whole bunch of areas where the front street is mostly apartment complexes, MLK west of HE Holmes, Camp Creek inside 285, Glenwood past Candler, 6 Flags Dr, Hwy 85, Memorial Dr, Cobb Pkwy. Those are whole areas with nothing but brehs growing up in multi family housing. Everybody in Atlanta doesn’t live in a house with a yard. There is for sure a market for mid rise dense dwelling, just like there is one for single family houses. There is a healthy balance we can find on that.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
jovita moore

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Bet. When I first moved over here, when I think it was still a Texaco I stopped to get gas and I was about to pay and gas was like $6 a gallon. I was wtf and I went inside to ask what was up. Homie just stared at me, I look around and walked right back out. Blantant af.

:mjlol: You should’ve known what time it was from the ticket for the gas breh.

Those gas stations on that part of Bankhead are where the folks from the old Bricks go to post up at. Bowen Homes and Bankhead Courts where about 1/4 mile away in either direction respectively. They tore the projects down but some brehs commute back to the old hood like somebody going to a 9-5. With Atlanta doing so much changing with getting rid of public housing to straight up gentrification, you see that around in a few places. Like Pals Lounge on Auburn Ave is where all the old Pink City folks go to, that strip of stores across from Castleberry Hill is folks who were in John Hope and a decent amount of those crazy ass blocks around Courtland and Pine is folks from across downtown on the other side of Pine St, back when Techwood was still up. The being inside shyt is a hold over from the old DC-6 days, 12 would let folks post up behind the walls like that, they knew about it and didn’t care. But the other side of the coin was they could and would jam you for anything the moment you hit concrete and all they had to do was deem you to be DC-6, loitering in a drug area basically. shyt was broad AF and they used it liberally as hell. APD doesn’t really do that anymore but the culture of having that as stayed on the streets. So brehs just leave the parking lot clean and post up inside.

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater
:mjlol: You should’ve known what time it was from the ticket for the gas breh.

Those gas stations on that part of Bankhead are where the folks from the old Bricks go to post up at. Bowen Homes and Bankhead Courts where about 1/4 mile away in either direction respectively. They tore the projects down but some brehs commute back to the old hood like somebody going to a 9-5. With Atlanta doing so much changing with getting rid of public housing to straight up gentrification, you see that around in a few places. Like Pals Lounge on Auburn Ave is where all the old Pink City folks go to, that strip of stores across from Castleberry Hill is folks who were in John Hope and a decent amount of those crazy ass blocks around Courtland and Pine is folks from across downtown on the other side of Pine St, back when Techwood was still up. The being inside shyt is a hold over from the old DC-6 days, 12 would let folks post up behind the walls like that, they knew about it and didn’t care. But the other side of the coin was they could and would jam you for anything the moment you hit concrete and all they had to do was deem you to be DC-6, loitering in a drug area basically. shyt was broad AF and they used it liberally as hell. APD doesn’t really do that anymore but the culture of having that as stayed on the streets. So brehs just leave the parking lot clean and post up inside.
shyt be having me rolling sometimes. I drive past one day and see a cat out there with the smoker going, dudes washing cars, somebody selling cologne and shyt.