The greatest intro in hip hop history

oregano flow

Veteran
Daps
Cool but when I clicked the link and saw the title and the pic but don't see the article to read. Am I missing something?

It worked for me, that's weird.
I just checked it again too and it still works

I'll copy and paste what he said about it

The former Death Row Records head says he even let Diddy sample The Chronic for Biggie’s Ready To Die at no cost.

“The West Coast has been dry not because the talent hasn’t been there,” said Knight. “You’ve got to let these young guys be them. You got Problem, YG, Joe Moses… you got some real talented [guys]. What usually hurts these guys is that people steal their style and sound before they get famous. The Dogg Pound was coming out, then all of a sudden Kris Kross starting hanging with them and they started rapping like Daz and Kurupt. Da Brat started thinking she was Snoop. That’s how she got on. They’re mimicking the shyt that already been done. And not knocking 50 [Cent], 50 came out and had an incredible album, but at the same time 50’s record is all West Coast. If you look at Biggie’s album, Biggie’s album is all West Coast. The first album. When they did the Biggie album, I helped them with that fukking record. I let Puff use every [The Chronic] sample on [Ready to Die], the hottest record of all time, and didn’t charge them. To show some love. Like here. It ain’t shyt. We do this shyt like we do. I don’t care if it’s a Down South record or East Coast record. If it’s successful, it’s a West Coast vibe.”

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It worked for me, that's weird.
I just checked it again too and it still works

I'll copy and paste what he said about it

The former Death Row Records head says he even let Diddy sample The Chronic for Biggie’s Ready To Die at no cost.

“The West Coast has been dry not because the talent hasn’t been there,” said Knight. “You’ve got to let these young guys be them. You got Problem, YG, Joe Moses… you got some real talented [guys]. What usually hurts these guys is that people steal their style and sound before they get famous. The Dogg Pound was coming out, then all of a sudden Kris Kross starting hanging with them and they started rapping like Daz and Kurupt. Da Brat started thinking she was Snoop. That’s how she got on. They’re mimicking the shyt that already been done. And not knocking 50 [Cent], 50 came out and had an incredible album, but at the same time 50’s record is all West Coast. If you look at Biggie’s album, Biggie’s album is all West Coast. The first album. When they did the Biggie album, I helped them with that fukking record. I let Puff use every [The Chronic] sample on [Ready to Die], the hottest record of all time, and didn’t charge them. To show some love. Like here. It ain’t shyt. We do this shyt like we do. I don’t care if it’s a Down South record or East Coast record. If it’s successful, it’s a West Coast vibe.”

Here's another link to what he said too

:patrice:

It's Suge thou. I mean you don't know if you can trust him what he said is true or lie. Suge fukked up Death Row. Honestly, If it wasn't for Dre.....Death Row, wouldn't be shyt. It was all Dr.Dre. Suge used the muscle, Dre use the music.

oregano flow

Veteran
Daps
:patrice:

It's Suge thou. I mean you don't know if you can trust him what he said is true or lie. Suge fukked up Death Row. Honestly, If it wasn't for Dre.....Death Row, wouldn't be shyt. It was all Dr.Dre. Suge used the muscle, Dre use the music.

Well, keep in mind
If Dre didn't have Suge's help by way of The D.O.C., Death Row wouldn't be
Suge was the backbone and muscle Dre needed to move on from Ruthless and start knocking at other peoples' doors for an opportunity (dikk Griffey -Solar/ Jimmy Iovine and Ted Fields - Interscope)
Suge was the 1 handling the business and making sure they didn't get jerked around in the beginning, tho in the end, the fame, ego and greed for power consumed Suge)
So u can't say it was all Dre.
Musically, it was Dre.
But business wise, it was Suge.
Dre didn't give a fukk about the business, he just wanted to do the music.

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I bought this tape over 20 years ago, popped it in my Kenwood deck, turned it up and :ooh:.

Hammer

Banned
Daps
top 5 intro's no order

tha mobb
dreams and nightmares
stillmatic intro
dynasty intro
good morning

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well, keep in mind
If Dre didn't have Suge's help by way of The D.O.C., Death Row wouldn't be
Suge was the backbone and muscle Dre needed to move on from Ruthless and start knocking at other peoples' doors for an opportunity (dikk Griffey -Solar/ Jimmy Iovine and Ted Fields - Interscope)
Suge was the 1 handling the business and making sure they didn't get jerked around in the beginning, tho in the end, the fame, ego and greed for power consumed Suge)
So u can't say it was all Dre.
Musically, it was Dre.
But business wise, it was Suge.
Dre didn't give a fukk about the business, he just wanted to do the music.

Fair Enough and at the end of the day, Suge fukked up his Death Row thou. Brought all the gangsta shyt in this. Suge wanna be a "Mob Boss" instead of a "Business Man".

oregano flow

Veteran
Daps
Fair Enough and at the end of the day, Suge fukked up his Death Row thou. Brought all the gangsta shyt in this. Suge wanna be a "Mob Boss" instead of a "Business Man".

Yeah; of course he did.
Suge was so caught up in the streets that he didn't realize what he had at the time.