The Greatest Show On Surf/Not Snow tho - Miami Dolphins 2023 OFF- Season Thread

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
13 wins, and winning the AFC.
I’m holding off any expectations for now. New coach so we don’t even know how the defense will look so let alone the offense . My initial expectations are on the LOW end for now

Last edited:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I’m holding off any expectations for now. New coach so we don’t even know how the defense will look so let alone the offense . My initial expectations are on the LOW end for now
All this new talent, got rid of Flores, healthier Tua, new OLine, improved defense, just to still be on the low end? When will we ever be on the high end, if we can’t even take advantage of the super improved talent additions? I mean, if we’re not good this year, I don’t expect us to be good next year or anywhere down the road. McDaniel will be another carousel coach if this is the case. :hubie:

When should we have high expectations? :jbhmm:

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
All this new talent, got rid of Flores, healthier Tua, new OLine, improved defense, just to still be on the low end? When will we ever be on the high end, if we can’t even take advantage of the super improved talent additions? I mean, if we’re not good this year, I don’t expect us to be good next year or anywhere down the road. McDaniel will be another carousel coach if this is the case. :hubie:

When should we have high expectations? :jbhmm:
  • Flores was a defensive genius who was able to overcome our lack of a true pas rush years 1 and 2 by leveraging his superior defensive backfield … he’s gone.
  • Xavien Howard is a year older and so is Byron Jones. We have to see how good they can still be.
  • What’s Byron Jones’ status?
  • Our O-Line is still suspect. Omar Kelly said they looked good without pad but average at best in padded practices.
  • Reports say snaps (Center) are still an issue
  • Running game still unproven. Gaskin will probably still be serviceable but who knows about the newcomers?
  • If you have a suspect O-Line, your QB may be in trouble no matter how great your WR room is

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
  • Flores was a defensive genius who was able to overcome our lack of a true pas rush years 1 and 2 by leveraging his superior defensive backfield … he’s gone.
  • Xavien Howard is a year older and so is Byron Jones. We have to see how good they can still be.
  • What’s Byron Jones’ status?
  • Our O-Line is still suspect. Omar Kelly said they looked good without pad but average at best in padded practices.
  • Reports say snaps (Center) are still an issue
  • Running game still unproven. Gaskin will probably still be serviceable but who knows about the newcomers?
  • If you have a suspect O-Line, your QB may be in trouble no matter how great your WR room is
Welp, hopefully they’ll keep McDaniel long enough to improve the oline

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth

Those 3 misses look like it was mostly the QB’s fault too.

That 4th catch was beautiful by him.. looked underthrown as well

I like the fact that he’s hard to tackle and bring down too. Shows toughness and willingness to punish the DB’s

Last edited:

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nikkas really judging a preseason game in which Waddle, Tyreek, and Armstead didn’t even play in :dahell:

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
nikkas really judging a preseason game in which Waddle, Tyreek, and Armstead didn’t even play in :dahell:
The O-line has (reportedly) looked like trash in padded practices and preseason. So based on that what's your expectation of the season?