The Greatest Show On Surf/Not Snow tho - Miami Dolphins 2023 OFF- Season Thread

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Walter Football also gave Miami a B grade on Robinson.

"Chop Robinson’s range was in the 20s – arguably a bit ahead of (FSU edge rusher) Jared Verse, depending on whom you ask – so the Dolphins are getting appropriate value. They needed a pass rusher to hound all the great quarterbacks in the AFC, and Robinson will help them do that."

CBS' Pete Prisco gave Miami an A for Chop and gushed for the player with the first round's best nickname.

"I love this pick for Miami. He has the best first step in this draft. With a little coaching, he will become a dominant pass rusher. They can also move him around as a joker on their front. Love it."

Another A was handed out by NFL Draft Fan Nation.

"A hyper-athletic pass rusher with elite get off on the ball, Robinson is a monster on the edge and can thrive in the right environment."

Pro Football Network gave the pick a B- with a warning. "He enters the league without having been particularly productive for a Penn State program that has produced several prospects who didn’t quite live up to their potential when they arrived in the NFL."

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Did we really need another speedy running back? Let alone trade future 3rd round pick to move UP to get him. :francis:

Last edited:

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Did we really need another speedy running back? Let alone trade future 3rd round pick to move UP to get him. :francis:
Looks like Achane gone be playing more in the slot this year so he’ll be splitting his time between slot and WR and he’ll take over as the starter next year as Mostert’s replacement

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Looks like Achane gone be playing more in the slot this year so he’ll be splitting his time between slot and WR and he’ll take over as the starter next year as Mostert’s replacement

A lot of people seem to like the pick so I’m open to seeing how it all plays out

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Our front 7 is gone love Chop so much because he gone free up so much shyt by being so disruptive

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I don’t know brehs . The way people keep talking about Chop Robinson’s game keeps giving me crazy Charles Harris vibes.
I hope it all works out :manny:

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
I don’t know brehs . The way people keep talking about Chop Robinson’s game keeps giving me crazy Charles Harris vibes.
I hope it all works out :manny:

I low key don't see it working out. His college product leaves a lot to be desire. I feel like Muhamad Kamara may outplay him.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I low key don't see it working out. His college product leaves a lot to be desire. I feel like Muhamad Kamara may outplay him.
Kamara may be more ready but supposedly Robinson has a higher ceiling . A lot of people like is win rate per snap but he just didn’t get the sacks.

Kamara … may outshine him at first but many expect Robinson to eventually be the better player based on what I’m reading.
why you gotta say that name :why:

I hope I’m wrong

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla

Dolphins, WR Jaylen Waddle agree to $84.75M extension​

The Miami Dolphins and wide receiver Jaylen Waddle have reached an agreement on a three-year, $84.75 million contract extension that includes $76 million guaranteed, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Thursday.

Waddle's new deal, which runs through the 2028 season, makes him one of the NFL's top five highest-paid wide receivers. The $76 million guaranteed is the third-highest amount for a wide receiver in NFL history behind A.J. Brown's $84 million and Amon-Ra St. Brown's $77 million, two other deals reached this offseason.

Waddle, 25, set a Dolphins franchise record with his third consecutive 1,000-yard receiving season in 2023. The 2021 first-round pick holds the Dolphins record for most receiving yards in the first three years of his career, totaling 3,385 yards with 18 touchdowns on 251 receptions over 47 games.

He also holds Dolphins rookie records for receptions (104) and receiving yards (1,015).

The contract extension was negotiated by Waddle's representation at WME Football.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
I feel like this offense is going to hit another gear this year. I hope we go away from the first read Tyreek centric offense we had last year and purposely spread the ball around with of course Tyreek being your primary.

Also now our two tight end sets can actually be dangerous because Jonnu Smith can catch and can be a red zone target.

Now we have three speed backs with two being very young.

Malik Washington apparently has been playing very well.