The Guy Who Brought AEW to TNT is GONE from WarnerMedia

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
And I wonder why Bischoff would say that :jbhmm:

If Nitro was pulling 4.0 ratings and the company was managed in a competent fashion there is no way they would've pulled the plug.

Bischoff and his carny tales :comeon:
Bischoff wasn't the only person to say it though, everyone involved said that AOL/Time Warner let it be known that they were done with pro wrestling.
TNT is married to the demo with as much as they spent for NBA last go around. With a la carte coming for (and will probably kill off USA Network), TNT has their identity. Reily was axed over HBO max. The new guy went to HS with Dwayne Johnson and brought ballers to HBO. AEW is plenty safe until 2024
I'm telling people not to worry yet, but I wouldn't say that AEW is plenty safe. I don't think AEW is as "married to the demo" as some of ya'll think. You can't compare AEW to the NBA because the NBA has a shytload of high profile advertisers. Advertisers is the one thing that would keep AEW plenty safe, but so many advertisers are not sold on sponsoring wrestling. If they do then they're more inclined to go with the proven brand, and as much as people don't want to admit it the WWE is still top dog.

Last edited:

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
What people aren't paying enough attention to is what the ratings could possibly look like when they get preempted. If the Saturday night episode pulls let's say a 1.4 then their might be serious talks of switching nights, because I think they're pretty much capped at 900k on Wednesday night. I like wrestling shows on Saturday nights anyway because it feels more special.

Saturday night episode is going to be really interesting with the 2nd hour of Dynamite overlapping the first hour of NXT Takeover XXX. Two of the episodes are going to air on Thursdays so that might be a bigger indicator of what they can do unopposed.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

Not only that, boxing was way more expensive than AEW. One of the reasons HBO Boxing was on the downside was because they couldn't keep up with the spending and had less and less marquee matchups.

I don't see any of these problems with AEW, plus the show is doing well ratings wise.

As others have said, only thing this could mean bad news for AEW would be people in charge hating wrestling and not wanting it on the network no matter what.

Last edited:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Not only that, boxing was way more expensive than AEW. One of the reasons HBO Boxing was on the downside was because they couldn't keep up with the spending and had less and less marquee matchups.

I don't see any of these problems with AEW, plus the show is doing well ratings wise.

As others have said, only thing this could mean bad news for AEW would be people in charge hating wrestling and not wanting it on the network no matter what.
That's not the only thing. Ratings wise they'll be ok as long as they can stay in the 800k range. Other factors like live shows and sponsorship are bigger factors. Notice how Jericho and Khan have been pushing the whole 18-49 demo jargon? That's because they really want to prove to potential sponsors that they're worth the investment. AEW also needs live shows back in the worst way, because their tv deal isn't nearly as lucrative as the the deals the WWE got.

The Solid One

Superstar
Daps
TNT is married to the demo with as much as they spent for NBA last go around. With a la carte coming for (and will probably kill off USA Network), TNT has their identity. Reily was axed over HBO max. The new guy went to HS with Dwayne Johnson and brought ballers to HBO. AEW is plenty safe until 2024
:mjlol:

Tommy Lee Jones

All Star
Daps
people are watching tv and cable less than any other time in the history of tv. They would probably kill for a live show to do almost a million views weekly on cable. Even if TNT dropped them someone would pick them up.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
I really think people are overreacting particularly in a time where networks are hungry for content aew will be fine.

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

ironic twist!

tenor.gif