The History of Alkabulan Should Be Stored At Timbuktu

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
That's great. Can you give us more info. What's a Timbuktu? What's a Alkabulan? Why are they important? How are they related? Why should we care?

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
That would be nice except for the fact that the region where Timbuktu is located is currently sketch as fukk with al Qaeda/ISIS operatives all over the place.

Many texts had to be saved from Timbuktu to protect them from destruction from stupid ass islamists.

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
That's great. Can you give us more info. What's a Timbuktu? What's a Alkabulan? Why are they important? How are they related? Why should we care?

I believe Alkalbulan is the name some people ascribe to Africa

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as this thread goes, Timbuktu should have been the springboard for an African renaissance in the 15-17th centuries. Unfortunately that didn't happen, and it's been so degraded now with all the Islamists who're destroying the history

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I believe Alkalbulan is the name some people ascribe to Africa

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as this thread goes, Timbuktu should have been the springboard for an African renaissance in the 15-17th centuries. Unfortunately that didn't happen, and it's been so degraded now with all the Islamists who're destroying the history

Timbuktu was a center of commerce and scholarism (sp?). But I thought that was earlier than 15th century.

EDIT: It's weird that Islamists would destroy anything there when it was Muslims who made Timbuktu the powerhouse of intellectual (both academic and spiritual) as well as financial thought.

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
Timbuktu was a center of commerce and scholarism (sp?). But I thought that was earlier than 15th century.

EDIT: It's weird that Islamists would destroy anything there when it was Muslims who made Timbuktu the powerhouse of intellectual (both academic and spiritual) as well as financial thought.

Yeah, you're right, Timbuktu started developing in the 9th or 10th centuries I believe.

I was more so thinking for some reason that a potential African renaissance would coincide with a European renaissance, especially since Mali/Songhai was trading with Europe around this time

BaviKingVA

Live every day like it's your last
Supporter
Daps
alkebulan is a made up name. The name of Africa is varied and different from people to people and culture to culture. There is no one true original or unified name for Africa

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
alkebulan is a made up name. The name of Africa is varied and different from people to people and culture to culture. There is no one true original or unified name for Africa

Exactly. Some people called it Libya, some Mauri, some Mauritania, some Ethiopia, some Sudan etc.

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
That would be nice except for the fact that the region where Timbuktu is located is currently sketch as fukk with al Qaeda/ISIS operatives all over the place.

Many texts had to be saved from Timbuktu to protect them from destruction from stupid ass islamists.

Most of them were actually moved further south to the capital Bamako