The Jheri Curl is the hardest hairstyle to not comeback

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
Anybody remember Keenan Ivory Wayans in Hollywood Shuffle?

:lolbron:

Between this and the Soul Glo scenes, it's all a youngin' needs to know about the siren call of the Jheri Curl.

'I was at the hair salon all day'. -- Yep. Like a bytch.

The list of chemicals he had to buy to maintain that shyt after sitting in a chair all day. -- Yep. Waste of money.

The Jheri Curl drip, the consequences of not maintaining a precise maintenance routine, the ruined furniture and clothing .... yep, yep, and yep.

Tommy Sheppard

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
0255b169e13bc16685779debd14c532b.jpg

nikka you must be white :martin:
he has a point, those ones you posted look similar to this

hustle-and-flow.jpg

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You trolling.

It's bad enough when women imitate whites in order to fit in and meet the definition of beautiful.

It's ten times worse when black men be on that 'good hair' wave. Cab was King, but everybody knew the psychology behind his excessive hair flips.

As for the jheri curl, this sounds like some paid viral meme shyt. I remember when the West Coast was clowned for holding onto it for so long. Those romanticizing it didn't live through it.

Everybody aint know the phsycology behind nothing,nikkas watched the malcolm x movie and wanted to sound smart too:pachaha:...i cant speak for everybody but i wore plenty of natural black hairstyles,the majority of my life i dont think we need to apoligize for a perm,ocen wave or conk every once in a while:comeon:

I dont think its some deep phsycology woth women either,only the women know if they ashamed of they natural hair or not...but i see plenty of natural hair styles on women now that more styles have been popularized at the moment....weaves just had a longer run then they shouold have:martin:

Kid Dynamite

aka The Big Bonanza aka The Ebony Prince
Supporter
Daps
The S curl was a jheri curl except they had a fade on the sides and back. Look at devonte and dalvin in jodeci on their first two albums to set examples of this.
Yeah I know... I figured the jheri was considered the style that was the long curl and the s was short

Sensei

Hallowed Be Thy Game
Daps
Eastcoast traded the Flat tops for Braids in the early 90's

Westcoast wasn't messing wit Flattops like that... there was people that rocked'em but not as much as the Eastcoast...
Westcoast stuck wit the Curl through out the 70's, 80's, all the way up to the early 90's then they moved on to Braids

I always salute my n!gga Big Tray Dee for still rocking the Curl in the 2000's
:salute:

418SJ83C7HL.jpg

West Coast nikkas been rocking braids bro,French Braids,Dookie braids,plaid braids,cornrows,etc....It was the alternative for if the curl/perm didn't work out.
The curl was popping into the 2000s.

Then people realized the bald fade or braids was a better look.

also dreads.

Lol my cousins in the IE was rocking their S Curls up until the mid 2000s.