The Last of Us Part II | PS4 | June 19th (NO OPEN SPOILERS)

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know its cliche to say but the last of us has ruined a lot of games to me.

The story,the facial expressions,voice acting is just so far above 99% of games its not even funny.

Im playing dying light which is fun,but seeing all these bethesda esque npcs with dead eyes,no facial expressions,terrible voice acting and mouths that dont even sync to words is just :mjlol:
:whoa: You better go like other games breh before @winb83 comes in here and says you built this game up to be something else.

I felt the same way, after playing TLOU, other games fell completely short when it came to voice acting and just charisma. Other games felt lifeless and dull despite having some finer aspects down pat. Take a game like MGSV, I love it and it's probably my GOTY but the voice acting and cutscenes are nowhere near as good as a ND game. ND is just the undisupted king in these type of games.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
New characters or a young adult Ellie. it doesn't 'need' a sequel but it'd be fun as hell if there was one, so i'd be down for it. There's more than enough routes they can explore with the general plot, added characters, and new zombies/monsters/mutations. Plus, unlike Lee & Clementine (my favorite video game duo :to:), you have more... maneuverability in continuing their story.

I thought it was obvious that a sequel was going to happen anyway, so as long as they put some thought in the story, like they did with the first one, I'll check it out no question.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
:whoa: You better go like other games breh before @winb83 comes in here and says you built this game up to be something else.

I felt the same way, after playing TLOU, other games fell completely short when it came to voice acting and just charisma. Other games felt lifeless and dull despite having some finer aspects down pat. Take a game like MGSV, I love it and it's probably my GOTY but the voice acting and cutscenes are nowhere near as good as a ND game. ND is just the undisupted king in these type of games.
The facial animations is what impressed me the most about this game. It's impressive to see the little wrinkles on the nose and around the eyes and mouth change with the context of the dialogue. Even the way the eyes squint and shift. They did a fantastic job telling that story and making it feel real. My first :ohhh: moment was watching the daughter tell Joel "yeah i sold major drugs" to get the money for the watch. The animation, you could see the sarcasm and playfulness written all over her facial expressions and body language. VERY life like.

Naijan

All outta Gill
Daps
Reppin
SoCal

Yea but metal gear solid 1 was one of the first to have good voice acting and story in a video game, way before ND

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Did the facial expressions match the voice acting?
:deadrose:

In all seriousness though....MGS1 on PS1 has some top notch voice acting. Its a classic. Give that dialogue to ND and you have an academy award winning performance on your hands. To his point...I don't remember any game before MGS1 with better voice acting.

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
:deadrose:

In all seriousness though....MGS1 on PS1 has some top notch voice acting. Its a classic. Give that dialogue to ND and you have an academy award winning performance on your hands. To his point...I don't remember any game before MGS1 with better voice acting.
Me either, fam.
shyt was fantastic. Still is, aside from their lips not moving when they talked. Lol

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Yea but metal gear solid 1 was one of the first to have good voice acting and story in a video game, way before ND
This is true. But the metal gear solid games since including 5 arent touching tlou as far as facial expressions that make it feel real.

Which is the major triumph of tlou. On top of brilliant voice acting and story it was very easy to connect emotionally with the characters because of how well animated it was.

Conversations and situations felt movie like in quality.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Me either, fam.
shyt was fantastic. Still is, aside from their lips not moving when they talked. Lol
Dudes barely had faces :russ:

MGS1-Snake-Kneeling.jpg

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

Naughty Dog’s Neil Druckmann Clarifies Rumors of The Last of Us 2; Next Project Will Wait “After We Finish Uncharted 4″
ad

Coming off last year’s release of The Last of Us Remastered and next year’s Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, all eyes are on Naughty Dog’s next big project with a series of rumors regarding a sequel to The Last of Us having a bigger presence throughout the year, where Naughty Dog creative director Neil Druckmann sought to set the record straight.

Speaking in an interview with Official PlayStation Magazine (via GamesRadar+), Druckmann addressed the rumors of “The Last of Us 2” head-on, following earlier reports this year from voice actor Nolan North seeming to confirm that a sequel to The Last of Us was in development at Naughty Dog.

Druckmann took on the rumors candidly by addressing that internal prototypes of a sequel to The Last of Us were being worked on within Naughty Dog, though since that time the company’s entire focus has been on development for Uncharted 4, as Druckmann explained regarding North’s comments that “I was like ‘Oh he knows more than we know [about] what we’re doing next.’ We joked about it afterwards during shoots and stuff.”

Following that, Druckmann elaborated a little further on clarifying The Last of Us sequel rumors, explaining:

“The answer is – and this is totally honest, and I’ve said this in the past – that when Bruce (Straley) and I moved over to Uncharted 4, we were brainstorming ideas for The Last Of Us 2 with new characters; ideas for TLOU 2 with Joel and Ellie; ideas for a sci-fi game; ideas for a fantasy game, and building prototypes for each one of those ideas. And just as we were getting close to settling or narrowing that list down, we were asked to work on Uncharted 4.”

While it’s clear that Naughty Dog does seem to have an interest in returning to the world of The Last of Us at some point in the future, ultimately Druckmann didn’t mention anything firm at this time on active development for a sequel – it’s still purely in the planning stages at this point.

Druckmann continued in the interview regarding the previously-mentioned prototypes of The Last of Us 2 that “there’s a part of me that’s really looking forward to going back to those things, but I have no cycles left in my mind even to be thinking about that right now!”

Ultimately though, Druckmann concluded that “I guess he (North) was kind of right in that we were working on stuff, but we don’t know what we’re doing next and we won’t know until probably a few months after we finish Uncharted 4.”

The Last of Us is currently available on PS3 and on PS4 as The Last of Us Remastered. Currently, Naughty Dog is in development on Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, which will release for PS4 on March 18th, 2016.

Source: Official PlayStation Magazine (via GamesRadar+)

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The Last of Us 2: Question of When Not If, History Projects 2018

If you love Joel and Ellie, then Neil Druckmann’s confirmation to PlayStation Magazine about having preliminary talks about the next iteration for The Last of Us, before being moved to Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, will have you elated. In the conversation, Druckmann all but confirmed that the game is coming, so the question is no longer about if, but now when. When speaking to PlayStation Magazine Druckmann stated: “The answer is – and this is totally honest, and I’ve said this in the past – that when Bruce (Straley) and I moved over to Uncharted 4, we were brainstorming ideas for The Last Of Us 2 with new characters; ideas for TLOU 2 with Joel and Ellie; ideas for a sci-fi game; ideas for a fantasy game, and building prototypes for each one of those ideas. And just as we were getting close to settling or narrowing that list down, we were asked to work on Uncharted 4.”

This shouldn’t come as much of a surprise, as Naughty Dog would be foolish to walk away from a money pit such as The Last of Us, but instead now questions turn to whether the company will focus their attention to a sequel for the aforementioned or whether they will move to something else like Druckmann has also said would be a possibility. If history has anything to do with it, it looks like the next project that will be in planning waiting for the call to development. After all, it has one of the most iconic games in the last 10 years to follow the cycle of.

If The Last of Us 2 follows in the footsteps of Uncharted when making the jump to the newest generation consoles, the turnaround for such a project took five years for Mr. Drake to complete. Graphically, The Last of Us is better prepared to make the jump than Uncharted was. From Uncharted 3 to 4 there was 5 years between titles. It would not be surprising to see the company take some time off of the development cycle and aim for a Christmas of 2017 launch. However, like the Uncharted series, you don’t rush perfection. In that case 2018 seems like a more realistic answer to the question of when we will get our hands on a sequel.

The_Last_Of_Us_2_62435.jpg

E3 next year would be the same point we were teased before with the Uncharted series as well. Don’t think for a moment that Naughty Dog has not done more than preliminary talks either. With Nolan North confirming the game was coming at Metrocon 2015, and at the time sent the internet into a tizzy, Naughty Dog has at this point started constructing the outlines of the story, characters, and more than likely has already started concept art as well. A trailer or image will, more than likely, be brought by Sony to E3 to continue to build the hype around the future of PlayStation Titles.

Also pointing to the work that will go into The Last of Us 2 is the fact that nothing is listed on IMDB or has even been rumored for Joel himself voice actor, Troy Baker. Ashley Johnson, or Ellie, is exactly the same too. For each, this would seem like an interesting coincidence considering both will be spending a substantial amount of time in motion capture for this game with it being, probable, for TLOU 2 to be the most visually impressive game on the market at its’ time of launch. Both actors carry a large load every year in terms of projects and consistently have them laid out months and even a year in advance on places like IMDB. For both to have nothing pushes curiosity to the brink.

We know it is going to happen, but as fans, the sooner we find out, the better. With games such as this, companies don’t avoid making them; nor do they push them off. These types of, once in a generation, series get the royal treatment when being designed and they also have the green light to push production because of the successes they have experienced in the past. The Last of Us 2 is coming, and is history has anything to say 2018 will be the year of the clickers.

» The Last of Us 2: Question of When Not If, History Projects 2018 - ThisGenGaming

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
On Proven Gamer’s visit to PAX East 2016 it was confirmed by an unnamed, yet very reliable source very close to the project, that The Last of Us 2 is in development, and will have a formal appearance at E3 in June. As of now, the game has been set to launch in 2018 on both the Playstation 4 and the Playstation VR and will showcase the return of Joel and Ellie, but sources are quiet at this time as to if they are the main protagonists in the game. Die hard fans rejoice as the series’ multiplayer makes a return as well as two single player DLC campaign add ons. Stay tuned to ProvenGamer.com for more info on The Last of Us 2 when it will finally be revealed at E3 in June!

http://provengamer.com/2016/04/28/th...s-2-confirmed/