The LAST Time America Became "UNITED" Was On 9/11 (Why Is This?)

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Now, RIP to the victims and this is NOT meant as disrespect whatsoever.

Anyway, I feel the LAST time the United States was united was when 9/11 happened. Let's be honest, regardless of religion and race we stood strong :manny: My point? I think we should be united again. Only this time by positivity :smugfavre: Now, we must also acknowledge that bigotry and classicism exists :manny: Racial profiling also exists, but we need to address those problems. African Americans, Native Americans, and etc have helped this country :jawalrus: I want to do my part to be involved. Just like I was when I volunteered on the 8th..

Point being, elections are over and we need to come together. I've always been a realist, but I want equal rights for all people. I made this thread because we CAN'T be united until we address the issues facing minorities and working class people. Until then, we will ALWAYS be divided. Also, I try to tell people we need to fight the OLIGARCHS.

@CACtain Planet @Aelyas en passant @JahFocus CS @VegasCAC @Blessed Is the Man @Scoop @SithLawd

The Fire

way more chemical than political
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
3WE0j9e.jpg

Allahu Akbar!!

VegasCAC

Leader of #CACset
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, we need to be united, but not just for the hell of it. Be united with people based on shared principles and beliefs that are deeply held and shared, like opposition to a politics of hatred and race-baiting, not based on a fukking flag.

As for the question in the title, the feeling of being united stemmed from a massive attack on American soil, which put nationalism into overdrive. Unfortunately, that sentiment and the purchase and legitimization it gave to the Bush administration resulted in disastrous consequences for people worldwide.

I'd rather be not-united than united with white supremacists who don't share my values.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
You weren't even old enough...It was not like that, and people had different thoughts just like they do now.
CACS were united in hate...and a few black people fell in line with that.
I was in class. I got up and clapped.
I remember 9/11 very well I was 7 years old. Also, my father told me what happened when I got home. Sorry, but Blacks died in that too and I'd never clap for something like that.

BocaRear

The World Is My Country, To Do Good Is My Religion
Daps
NOTHING brings people together like fear and hatred for a common enemy, NOTHING :francis:
that's why America entered WW1 when the Lusitania sunk,
that's why America entered WW2 when Pearl Harbour happened,
that's why the Gulf of Tonkin brought America to war with Vietnam
and that's why Bush was able to do anything he wanted after 9/11

You give the people a common enemy and they will unite; that's why every wartime president has been re-elected everytime:wow:

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Yeah, we need to be united, but not just for the hell of it. Be united with people based on shared principles and beliefs that are deeply held and shared, like opposition to a politics of hatred and race-baiting, not based on a fukking flag.

As for the question in the title, the feeling of being united stemmed from a massive attack on American soil, which put nationalism into overdrive. Unfortunately, that sentiment and the purchase and legitimization it gave to the Bush administration resulted in disastrous consequences for people worldwide.

I'd rather be not-united than united with white supremacists who don't share my values.
That's what I basically said in the OP. I went in detail about it too.

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
9/11 terrified white people which in turn united them with this bloodlust for exacting revenge on the people who wronged them.

I remember how "united" people were after it happened and people were assaulting arab americans and PoC who didn't have shyt to do with anything.

United. Pft, gimme a break.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I do remember them assaulting American Muslims and Sikhs. Other than that, I remember people coming together for a short time.

collateral.

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
Well look at 9/11 on the surface. A bunch of foreign muhfukkas coming over and attacking our country out of hate. The first time that has happened since Pearl Harbor. Of course everyone will come together and put aside any differences for a while. :yeshrug:The OP sounds emotional af, the white supremacist don't give af about being united or none of that bullshyt. They want to maintain white supremacy. Black people need to realize that there is no coming together and uniting with these people because everyone hates our guts and want to distance themselves from us. ESPECIALLY under a Trump presidency. fukk all that kumbaya talk and do what you need to do to help ensure that you and your family do not fall victim to their system.