The LeBron/LA relationship...

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Finna be here all weekend, first time back in LA since '18. I'm currently near Slauson and Western, in Chesterfield Square...

Earlier seen some old friends and family in my old hood (Normandie/Expo, 36th/Raymond); Slauson/Shenandoah; and I just got me some ice cream...

Had a random conversation with a guy at Baskin Robbins, chopped it up with 4 of my family, gonna engage other people over the next few days...

Cats who say LA don't fukk with Bron or the title in 2020 don't go outside, aren't in the city, or never talk to people outside their social circle...

I've mentioned this in the past, because of my familiarity with Angelenos and Laker fans in general, but this is my first time in LA since Bron has been here...

Off top, there's never been a question of the love for Kobe here. He is LA, same way Magic is to older Angelenos (I've described this before). Right down Slauson here bout half a mile is a mural of Kobe, Nip, and Chadwick Boseman. We all know how much LA loves Kobe, there's no debate about that...

Kobe spent his entire career here, he's ingrained in the city in a way Bron couldn't be and it's fine. Most Laker heads not out here shytting on Bron, and they value the '20 title because anybody else could have won it. But the Lakers won it, LeBron won it...

There is a little pushback like, he's not Kobe, get him outta here, but those guys are in the minority. For those of you unfamiliar with LA or Laker fans from LA, maybe the "LA" posters on here are part of that minority...

Those guys don't live in The City...

Most Laker fans aren't gonna have the attachment to LeBron they had to Kobe, but most Angelenos respect him...

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Sa98s.gif

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Lebron is an international superstar but he will never have the cult like following Kobe has. That’s the difference. I’m sure they love lebron in LA like they do everywhere else, but he will never have a cult like following out there like Kobe does

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Daps
Ive always thought that LA is unique cause people dont reallly fukk with the NFL the way they do in other big cities. Its Lakers and Dodgers, then everything else is fighting for 3rd place.....in other big cities, NFL is king

Including 2 NFL teams, another MLB team, and USC/ UCLA
Lakers never left them like Chargers, Rams and Raiders did. How you supposed to cheer for that??:mjlol:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Finna be here all weekend, first time back in LA since '18. I'm currently near Slauson and Western, in Chesterfield Square...

Earlier seen some old friends and family in my old hood (Normandie/Expo, 36th/Raymond); Slauson/Shenandoah; and I just got me some ice cream...

Had a random conversation with a guy at Baskin Robbins, chopped it up with 4 of my family, gonna engage other people over the next few days...

Cats who say LA don't fukk with Bron or the title in 2020 don't go outside, aren't in the city, or never talk to people outside their social circle...

I've mentioned this in the past, because of my familiarity with Angelenos and Laker fans in general, but this is my first time in LA since Bron has been here...

Off top, there's never been a question of the love for Kobe here. He is LA, same way Magic is to older Angelenos (I've described this before). Right down Slauson here bout half a mile is a mural of Kobe, Nip, and Chadwick Boseman. We all know how much LA loves Kobe, there's no debate about that...

Kobe spent his entire career here, he's ingrained in the city in a way Bron couldn't be and it's fine. Most Laker heads not out here shytting on Bron, and they value the '20 title because anybody else could have won it. But the Lakers won it, LeBron won it...

There is a little pushback like, he's not Kobe, get him outta here, but those guys are in the minority. For those of you unfamiliar with LA or Laker fans from LA, maybe the "LA" posters on here are part of that minority...

Those guys don't live in The City...

Most Laker fans aren't gonna have the attachment to LeBron they had to Kobe, but most Angelenos respect him...

You can't really compare Lebron with any other Laker great because he didn't start his career in LA.

And even with players like Shaq and Kareem,

Kareem spent his first 6 years with the Bucks, he came to LA at the beginning of a dynasty.
Shaq only spent his first 4 years in Orlando before coming to LA

Lebron played 15 seasons in the NBA before coming to LA :mjlol:

And he came during a complete rebuild and still managed to eek out a title.

Wilt isn't even mentioned as a Laker great because he only played his final 5 years in LA after being in the league 10 years prior to coming.

At the end of the day, the Jeanie Buss and the GM... and Magic Johnson screwed this up via poor drafts and free agent signings.

Lebron coming to LA shouldn't have meant mortgaging the future. For what the gave up for AD, the Lakers panic and screwed themselves even more with the Westbrook trade.