The Legend Returns.. Official Manny Pacquiao vs Jeff Horn Thread

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I'm not a pacquiao hater but what the chances Jeff horn can take the belt off of him? I wanna see a unification bout in the next two years and I know as long pacquiao has that belt Arum won't let that happen.

#CrawfordWillNeverGetHisShot:mjcry:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I'm not a pacquiao hater but what the chances Jeff horn can take the belt off of him? I wanna see a unification bout in the next two years and I know as long pacquiao has that belt Arum won't let that happen.

Prolly slim chance at best..punchers chance

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Horn can't beat manny but father time can

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
An Opportunity for Jerwin Ancajas To Impress on Pacquiao Card

By Cliff Rold

This Saturday night, those who tune in for ESPN’s latest foray in boxing (9 PM EST/6 PM PST) will be there to see if an aging Manny Pacquiao can dispense with a guy they’ve never heard of in front of what is sure to be an impressive Australian crowd. Before they find out if they really needed to learn who challenger Jeff Horn is, they might be buzzing about something else.

On the televised undercard, US fans will get a look at the piece of the Jr. bantamweight puzzle they know the least about so far. 25-year old Filipino Jerwin Ancajas (26-1-1, 17 KO) is the IBF 115 lb. titlist attempting his second defense against Japan’s 31-year old Teiru Kinoshyta (25-1-1, 8 KO).

Ancajas should win.

It doesn’t mean Kinoshyta is a slouch. This is the second title shot in his career, previously facing Zolani Tete for a then-vacant IBF title in 2014. Kinoshyta lost a wide decision but Tete is a quality fighter. There’s no shame in the defeat, his lone setback to date.

pacquiao-ancajas%20(720x540).jpg

The way Ancajas caught the eye in his title win over McJoe Arroyo last year is what marks him a solid favorite. He showed speed, skill, and pop in overwhelming the undefeated Arroyo, scoring a knockdown along the way. It was the sort of performance, a dominant dismantling of a former Olympian, which makes anyone who saw it want to see more.

The issue of course is relatively few saw it. Certainly it was seen in the Philippines and close to 300,000 views on YouTube isn’t bad either. Ancajas has a much larger audience on hand this weekend. It would be a surprise if at least a million US households weren’t tuned in this weekend and ESPN is likely hoping for well more given the name on top of the card.

If Ancajas can deliver, he’ll light up a crowd of between 40-50,000 fans as well. Enthusiasm can come through the screen.

Why does it matter?

For Ancajas, there is no better time to make an impression given the weight class where he reigns. Jr. bantamweight is as hot as it’s been in the US since mid-2000s when Vic Darchinyan, Cristian Mijares, and Jorge Arce were gathering attention outside the norm in the States. Given the depth of prime talent currently, this is an even more exciting roster.

Announced for September 9, HBO will feature a hardcore fan’s dream card in the class. Srisaket Sor Rungvisai-Roman Gonzalez II, Carlos Cuadras-Juan Francisco Estrada, and Naoya Inoue-Antonio Nieves; it is as stacked a tripleheader as one can ask for. The Inoue fight is more a debut for impression; the other two are pick ‘em potential fight of the year candidates.

When the dust settles, the question following every card, good or bad, will be bandied about.

What’s next?

How Ancajas does this Saturday could go a long way in entering his name into the answer.

Ancajas hasn’t lost since a narrow 2012 decision and is the sort of fighter it’s easy to ignore for the moment if you’re a more established name. He can fight. Until he can add more brand identity there’s likely less to be made in finding out how well.

Kinoshyta has a good chin; he’s never been stopped. It makes for a chance for Ancajas to go some rounds and create some excitement. The impression he makes will determine how loud the volume can get about seeing him with the winners, and even the losers, from the September card.

This is a golden opportunity to print a potentially golden ticket. Keep an eye on the undercard Saturday night.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

More chance of 2Pac coming back and watching ALL EYES ON ME on youtube.