The Making of Makaveli(The entire XXL article)

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
008c91c924057a0d6733f4bf7c11cca2.jpg

Classic XXL article: The Making of Makaveli The Don Killuminati 7 Day Theory album

Thought I post this to celebrate the 19th anniversary of the album.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shiva

Avatāra. Annihilator. Gone To The 5th Dimension.
Daps
Reppin
Nirvāṇa (निर्वाण ) / Mokṣa (मोक्ष)
Thanks for this, definitely gonna give it a read since this was my favorite Pac album growing up.

Its crazy how he took producers from what was considered "the wack room" and made a classic out of them

Yeah I always thought that was funny. Honestly the beats on this album were weird as fukk compared to All Eyez On Me but Pac made 'em work. If you listen to stuff like Bomb First the instrumental's pretty sloppy but you barely notice cause Pac's delivery's so fire. Hail Mary and Toss It Up are still hits tho.

pointproven214

i speak facts not emotions
Daps
Reppin
dallas texas
Thanks for this, definitely gonna give it a read since this was my favorite Pac album growing up.

Yeah I always thought that was funny. Honestly the beats on this album were weird as fukk compared to All Eyez On Me but Pac made 'em work. If you listen to stuff like Bomb First the instrumental's pretty sloppy but you barely notice cause Pac's delivery's so fire. Hail Mary and Toss It Up are still hits tho.

to each his own the beats were crack most definitely imo on 7 day theory and i love the samples on it.

Shiva

Avatāra. Annihilator. Gone To The 5th Dimension.
Daps
Reppin
Nirvāṇa (निर्वाण ) / Mokṣa (मोक्ष)
to each his own the beats were crack most definitely imo on 7 day theory and i love the samples on it.

Nah weird's not a bad thing, it compliments the horror movie vibe of some of the shyt Pac was spitting. He was definitely trying to make murder music with this album, and you can't have that with clean instrumentals. shyt's just different and not for everyone, whereas the beats on MATW and AEOM were crowd pleasers, that's all.

Jacaveli The Don

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#NarcissistGang

I remember buying this when it came out in '96. This was not what I was expecting and was disappointed because I was hoping for another "All Eyez On Me". But over time, every song grew. All of "All Eyez On Me"s songs could have had videos (as 'Pac planned) and could have been singles and were commercial though gangsta.
"The 7 Day Theory"s songs were so deep that it took time to decipher what was really being said. As a street album, it ranks highly as a project that was meant to be underground.

pointproven214

Daps
Reppin
dallas texas
7 day theory was easily his best album lyrically speaking imo

Allow me to introduce first {*gunshot fires*} Makaveli the Don
Hysterical, spiritual lyrics like the holy Qu'Ran
nikkaz get shook like 5-0
My forty-five gun's next to me when we ride, for survival
Money makin plans, pistol close at hand, swollen pockets
Let me introduce the topic, then we drop it
Expose snakes cause they breath freely, see me ride?
Located world wide like the art of graffiti
I think I'm tougher than Nitti, my attitude is shytty
Born on a dopefiend's titty.. huh
In every city you'll find me
Look for trouble right behind me
My Outlaw nikkaz down to die for me, knahmean?
I hit the scene nikkaz duckin from my guillotine stare
I'm right there; my every word, a fukkin nightmare
Get me high, let me see the sun rise and fall
This for my dogs down to die for yours
Extreme venom, no mercy when we all up in 'em
Cut 'em down.. to Hell is where we send 'em
My whole team, trained to explode ride or die
Murder motherfukkers lyrically, and I'm not gon' cry
Me - a born leader never leave the block without my heater
Two big pits, I call them my bytch nikka eaters
And not a whimper 'til I'm gone
Thug Life runnin through my veins so I'm strong
(Ha ha ha)

pointproven214

Daps
Reppin
dallas texas
Nah weird's not a bad thing, it compliments the horror movie vibe of some of the shyt Pac was spitting. He was definitely trying to make murder music with this album, and you can't have that with clean instrumentals. shyt's just different and not for everyone, whereas the beats on MATW and AEOM were crowd pleasers, that's all.

lol at " clean instrumentals " whatever that suppose to mean.