The Meg - Statham Vs. Shark (Trailer Out)

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
THE MEG director gave an interview to Bloody Disgusting:

“Knowing that this is for Bloody Disgusting, I am so disappointed the film wasn’t more bloody or disgusting,” Turteltaub told us. “My wife is glad about it and I’m glad my kids can see the movie, but the number of really horrifying, disgusting and bloody deaths we had lined up that we didn’t get to do is tragic. There was some really good shyt that didn’t survive to the final cut.”

“We shot or even did a lot of visual effects for [gory scenes],” Turteltaub said. “We just realized there’s no way we’re keeping this PG-13 if we show this. It’s too fun a movie to not let people who don’t like blood and people who are under, say, 14 years old into the theater. I was very hesitant to cut out a lot of blood and gore. I wouldn’t have if I thought it was wrecking the story but it wasn’t. It still looked okay. I’ll sit down privately with your audience and take them through some really nasty shyt.”

“I don’t want to spoil too much but there was a death in the movie of one of the leading characters where you thought he was still alive and you realized it was only his head,” Turteltaub said. “Then the reveal that that was all that was left was awesome, but needless to say quite a few people told us it was creepy and I had to cut it.”

[Exclusive] Director Dishes On the Gory R-rated Cut of ‘The Meg’ You’ll Never See

:martin:
I hate that they have to cut gory stuff out of a horror movie in order to get a PG-13 rating so that kids can see the movie.
Wack. Pass.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Saw it today. Wasn't awful...you have to check every last brain cell at the door to look past some of the nonsense that goes on and the CGI wasn't nearly as janky as I was expecting it to be based off of the trailer.
I wouldn't recommend rushing out to see it but if you are bored and already seen everything else that is out then it is a good way to waste 2 hours.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw it today. Wasn't awful...you have to check every last brain cell at the door to look past some of the nonsense that goes on and the CGI wasn't nearly as janky as I was expecting it to be based off of the trailer.
I wouldn't recommend rushing out to see it but if you are bored and already seen everything else that is out then it is a good way to waste 2 hours.

Yea cosign this post. Considering what the director said im curious to see the unrated cut now because the meg was getting wreck more than i thought they would show but yo is china really invading hollywood?? Isnt that suyin chick the same broad from the rock’s skyscraper movie earlier this summer?

It only had 4 showings in my theater so i guess this is going to get most of its money in china

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Yea cosign this post. Considering what the director said im curious to see the unrated cut now because the meg was getting wreck more than i thought they would show but yo is china really invading hollywood?? Isnt that suyin chick the same broad from the rock’s skyscraper movie earlier this summer?

It only had 4 showings in my theater so i guess this is going to get most of its money in china
Almost all Hollywood studios right now are in partnership with Chinese production companies. Even MI: Fallout was coproduced by Alibaba Pictures, some of these partnerships though are a lot more focused on giving the movie Chinese appeal.

It's kind of sad and funny at the same time that the only reason a lot of Chinese actors get a break in Hollywood now is because the Chinese money forces them.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Isnt that suyin chick the same broad from the rock’s skyscraper movie earlier this summer?
Nah, Hannah Quinlaven was the assassin chick in Skyscraper.
Li Bingbing was the one in The Meg. Bingbing has a couple of Hollywood credits: she was Ada Wong in one of those Resident Evil movies, was in Transformers: Age of Extinction and she played the white haired witch in that Jackie Chan/Jet Li move The Forbidden Kingdom.
oaVgu62.gif

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
this was as cheesy/stupid as I thought it would be, but still entertaining enough. The lil girl wasn't as annoying as I thought she'd be...she was adorable at times like calling Statham Crazy guy.

I was more interested in the beginning when they were below that thermermal layer...could've been like the abyss...once the meg breaks out and hits the reg ocean, it was meh for the most part.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Just came back. Brehs, I walked out at around what I'm guessing was the half way point. I know it's not a film to be taken seriously, but it was pretty damn retarded. I felt stupid sitting in there. Sh!t I hit the bar before going in too, and still couldn't sit through that trash.

Real talk the Black jokes were cringeworthy too.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
It was cool

A lil too childish for me

I was entertained. Liked the lil girl and the asian mom

Jokes were cringey, especially the token black dude that had to play the scared, loud, comedic relief (see: Tyrese - Fast and Furious)

Dope that it was filmed in China

Overall, I probably shouldn’t have seen it in theaters (wasn’t my idea and it was filled with lil kids) but I’m not upset.

Popcorn movie that gave me the same feeling that The Great Wall did. I liked it but wouldn’t have paid to see it

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
this movie was garbage. there were barely any blood, gore or shark killings in this and the love story thrown in this was boring and killed the mood of the movie.

Just came back. Brehs, I walked out at around what I'm guessing was the half way point. I know it's not a film to be taken seriously, but it was pretty damn retarded. I felt stupid sitting in there. Sh!t I hit the bar before going in too, and still couldn't sit through that trash.

Real talk the Black jokes were cringeworthy too.

that character was extra and ridiculous.